PDA

View Full Version : experience with - recommendations for - Blackberry lines app

KeriWDE
01-29-2011, 11:07 AM
We are looking at getting Touringplans.com's Lines app for our blackberry phone while we are at WDW in 4 weeks :thumbsup:

Besides WDW's Verizon thingy (we have AT&T), are there other blackberry apps out there that we could use that provide live wait-times, fastpass info, etc?

Before I send my payment to touringplans, I want to make sure I know my options and get the best out there (for the money).

Thanks!

WDWfanatic742
01-29-2011, 12:09 PM
We have a forum where this has come up alot in:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Personally I like Ride Hopper (It should be on Blackberry) which includes a free version that has everything that you would need. But it is only going to be as good as how many people update the wait times for all of the different apps, becuase that's how they are run. Most apps include estimated times, including Ride Hopper.

brownie
01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I installed a couple of wait time apps for my Android phone for our trip last December but didn't use them. It was easier to look at the wait time boards and the rides themselves. Remember that these apps rely on user supplied wait times and the times may listed may not be recent or accurate.

MarkC
01-29-2011, 08:15 PM
I also thought about purchasing the app from touring plans. However, if you look closely they are basing everything on historical data-- that's according to their website. I would rather actual information from someone in the parks. I may just go ahead and use the tip boards since they will probably be the most accurate. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

SorcererJim
01-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I also thought about purchasing the app from touring plans. However, if you look closely they are basing everything on historical data-- that's according to their website. I would rather actual information from someone in the parks. I may just go ahead and use the tip boards since they will probably be the most accurate. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Just to clarify, it's based on historical data yes, but it updates based on user supplied data from that day as well... and remember, the times posted are not ACTUAL times you wait... most of the time, when it says 15 minutes on the sign, you are really waiting 8-11mins. I highly recomend the touringplans.com site.

johnO
01-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I'll have to check it out too...

MrPeetrie
01-31-2011, 04:51 PM
I have undercover tourist app for my iPhone and it is really comprehensive. You may want to check if it's available for your blackberry.

paragon
01-31-2011, 06:15 PM
I have the WDW MAPS app on my BB, I think it was $2.99- it seemd to be fairly accurate. Last year, my friend had the verizon one, which she/we used alot and it worked well, but during our last trip in October, my BB app worked better.

KeriWDE
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I have the WDW MAPS app on my BB, I think it was $2.99- it seemd to be fairly accurate. Last year, my friend had the verizon one, which she/we used alot and it worked well, but during our last trip in October, my BB app worked better.

Do you have Verizon or a different phone provider?

I have AT&T, so - right now - I plan on just using their mobile site with fast pass availabilities and their text system with wait times. BUT if they have a AT&T-friendly app that works with wait times/FP availability, I'm game.

MrPeetrie
02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I have AT&T and an iPhone. Try the Undercover Tourist app by Phunware. It has maps, wait times, AP/DP availability on restaurants, breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, FP availability, parade times, EMH times, even a scheduler. It appears to be VERY comprehensive. This upcoming vacation will be my first trip using it so I can't state its accuracy, but it appears to be well made. The wait times are in five-minute increments so I think they may be accurate. (We used a different app for Cedar Point and they only had 15-minute increments.) They have both a free and a for-purchase version. I have the paid version, but I don't remember what I paid.