PDA

View Full Version : Universal Dining

NH Disneyfan
01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Are you able to make dining reservations at Universal - specifically Three Broomsticks?

If not, could someone explain how things work, are crowds manageable and is the food good?

EeyoresBestFriend
01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
We were there in October. Three Broomsticks has really good, affordable food. (If you had ever eaten at US before you would know that it is traditionally REALLY expensive and kinda creepy ~ with the exception of FireEaters in IOA or the Burger place on the backside by Jaws in Studios)
They offer a 'controlled' cafeteria style that worked really well. When you walk in, as you que up you go past presentations of the dishes on your left, (I guess so you can have an idea of what the food looks like) There is a crew member (don't know if you can call Universal folks CMs :D) at the front of the line that directs you to an order cashier. After you place your order they direct you to a specific line to pick up your food. After you collect your condiments, another member will direct you to a table. Note if you want to sit outside or a different table, just ask them, they were very accomodating. The whole process is actually very well orchestrated and went very quickly. Much better than the whole Pecos Bill thing . . . :secret:
We tried several meals there: the half chicken, the fish and chips and the pot pie and we found all of them to be really well prepared and tasty. Oh yeah and BUTTERBEER!!! :D :cloud9:

Good Luck and ENJOY!!!

buzznwoodysmom
01-29-2011, 12:36 PM
:ditto:
This was our exact experience in Oct. You don't need reservations. It is set up like a Quick Service location, and they have crowd management totally under control at this particular establishment.

mickeyluv
02-02-2011, 11:42 AM
What if you plan on eating in the restaurants at Citywalk like Hard Rock Cafe? Should/can you make reservations? We will be there in August.

DisneyFr33k
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
We tried several meals there: the half chicken, the fish and chips and the pot pie and we found all of them to be really well prepared and tasty. Oh yeah and BUTTERBEER!!! :D :cloud9:

Yes, try both the frozen and non-frozen Butterbeer (I love the frozen, the rest of my family likes the cold).

Also, if you drink alcohol, you have to try the special brew only made for Hogsmeade and The Three Broomsticks. :beer: I loved it!

Both can come in a souvenier mugs which are nice to take home!

NJGIRL
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
What if you plan on eating in the restaurants at Citywalk like Hard Rock Cafe? Should/can you make reservations? We will be there in August.

Yes, especially the Hard Rock.