PDA

View Full Version : "Do Not Miss" List for my 4 y-o brother

KeriWDE
01-28-2011, 07:15 PM
(I'm posting this for my daughter. Let the dictation begin...)

What is the best ride for little boys in Magic Kingdom?

My brother is 4 and doesn't like dark, scary things. So, what do you think we should definitely ride and see? :goof::high5:

mook3y
01-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Meant to choose Buzz not "something else".

My son LOVED that ride at 4

BellesRose
01-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I would NOT go on Buzz if he doesn't like dark scary rides. I mean, it's certainly not the Haunted Mansion, but for a 4 year old, it can be frightening. I think Dumbo would be fun. If he doesn't mind spinning, the teacups were my favorite at that age. Ohh, and definitely driving the cars at Tomorrowland Speedway. The Jungle Cruise is probably appealing to little boys. It's A Small World and Peter Pan's Flight aren't too dark and would probably be fine.

McLiberal8
01-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Don't forget the stationary attractions, like Philharmagic and Mosters Inc Laugh Floor!

DisneyFr33k
01-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Depends. Does he like Buzz/Toy Story? When my son was 4 and we went to Disney for the first time, he was all about Buzz Lightyear. He watched Toy Story 2 every day! Plus, you can shoot laser guns the entire ride. Little boys tend to love that!

If he isn't into Buzz or guns, then it might be a bit scary as there are a couple dark part of the ride. I'd then focus on Dumbo or attractions the previous poster listed.

LVT
01-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I have seen comments on glow in the dark bracelets used to make the kids feel secure on the dark rides. Has anyone had success with that? Most rides are dim light, not dark. If his eyes have a few minutes to adapt, will he notice?

waymickey
01-30-2011, 07:31 AM
My 4 year old loved Tom Sawyer Island. running around the fort and walking on the rope bridge was lots of fun. Also other favorites were, Country Bear jamboree, Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, winnie the pooh ride.

BandMan
01-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Dumbo and Aladdin are essentially the same ride. If he likes going up in the air while going in circles, it will be fun. There are often REALLY long rides for Dumbo, though. So if they would be the same to him, do Aladdin.

I voted Buzz. Yes, it's "in the dark", but there is so much lit up, that it is not scary for most kids.

I think Philharmagic is fantastic. My whole family loves that show.

Astro Orbiter might seem a bit high for some kids - others will love it. As with many of these, you just don't know until you try.

Good luck!

finaldynasty
03-12-2011, 11:01 PM
I agree with the PP's but I would add Aladdin and Jungle Cruise to the list. I would also say that you should take a stab at the TTA as well as a change of pace. I think he would ablsolutely love Tom Sawyer's Island.

Have a great trip!

baby minnie's mommy
03-13-2011, 12:02 AM
TTA (Peoplemover) may not be a good one if he's scared of the dark. It has parts that are so dark, you can't see the person next to you.

Both Dumbo and Aladdin are wonderful, and make sure the camel spits on him on Aladdin!:mickey: Try to ride Dumbo early in the morning, before the lines get really long.

My 2-year-old son LOVES the Buzz Lightyear ride.

I also recommend:
Winnie the Pooh ride
It's a Small World
Teacups
Carousel

Oh, and does he like trains? He might like to ride the train around the park! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Of the choices in the poll I'd go with Buzz Lightyear :wave:

Goes4FastPass
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
...and many more. If your 4YO brother is TALL ENOUGH for other rides like BTMRR (My GS's top favorite since he was 3YO and BARELY 40" tall) then there he should do them ALL - except any your brother finds scary.

Jillirose
03-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Carribean

RBrooksC
03-16-2011, 08:00 AM
To be honest, it should all depend on his height. If he is tall enough, he should at least try it. My son will be five when we go in May. He is at 43" right now (I really do hope he spurts that extra inch before May...). We are already talking up Splash Mountain, BTMR, ToT and Test Track. I am not sure about Mission: Space. I think I will take him on the Green Mission and I will go on the Orange Mission myself.

Anyway, I want him to try those rides and determine if he likes them. Since he is already excited about the ToT and other rides, getting him on them shouldn't be a problem.

What we have been doing is using YouTube to watch ride videos so he knows what to expect. Since the facades are part of Disney's preshow, sometimes those can be very intimidating. I wanted him to know what to expect inside so the facade can be "ignored."

GrmGrninGost
03-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Buzz, Dumbo and Alladin are all good. Astro Orbitor not so much. Also, my kids always liked Peter Pan, Pooh, Indy Speedway and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Also, Mickey's Philharmagic is a wonderful show for the youngsters! :mickey: I am sure he would like the Jungle Cruise, but Pirates may be a bit dark.

MrPeetrie
03-21-2011, 08:07 AM
You HAVE to add Peter Pan to that list.

DJWaman
03-25-2011, 07:00 PM
My 3 year old was "cautious" going into all the rides, but after some of them he said "that was fun" Philharmagic is a HAVE TO!! Both my kids loved it and so did we. Astros lines and elevator made my 3yr old nervous just looking at them. Buzz ride scared him. Tom Sawyer he loved! Just talk to him through the whole thing and he'll probably love it all....as long as you prepare him for whats next. Surprises aren't fun sometimes.