PDA

View Full Version : Need some prayers please.

caryrae
01-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Prayers for my in-laws in Egypt right now. My wife's Parents just left last week for a month to visit their daughter and family (Husband and 3 kids) that moved there about 8 months ago. I know my BIL, whose from Egypt, will keep them safe but we are still worried though since it is my Mother and Father in-laws first time ever leaving the U.S. and were a little nervous before and with what's going on there now they must be a little more nervous. They are staying in an area just outside of Cairo.

sassy2000
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Prayers for their safety.

Briansmom
01-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Prayers for their continued safety and safe return home.

BellesRose
01-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Definitely praying for them!!! Hope they stay safe!

LVT
01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes, of course.

badkitty
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I will definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers for a safe visit and trip home.

VWL Mom
01-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Wishing them safe travels.

PirateLover
01-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Please let us know when you hear from them. Prayers on the way.

caryrae
01-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah my wife and I are getting very nervous since the U.S. is saying Americans should leave Egypt now and getting people flights to Europe. We haven't heard from them since last Thursday before the internet and cell service was turned off.

BellesRose
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah my wife and I are getting very nervous since the U.S. is saying Americans should leave Egypt now and getting people flights to Europe. We haven't heard from them since last Thursday before the internet and cell service was turned off.
Maybe they will get out and call you when they get somewhere safe?

ElenitaB
01-30-2011, 11:34 PM
I understand your fears. My prayers to you and your family. Hopefully you'll hear from them very soon.

Melanie
01-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Wow! Hope you hear from them soon and they are safely out of the country.

Cinderelley
02-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Saying a prayer now. Let us know when you hear something.

caryrae
02-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Their internet came on finally and they said this:

Thank you everyone for all of your concern! We are all doing just fine. Please do not worry about us, we are safe. Things are obviously crazy over here, but we have not felt unsafe for a moment. We have plenty of food and supplies, and stores here in Rehab are stocked. For the most part, we are bored, lol!! Everyone pray that this ends soon.

The area they live in (Rehab) is a gated area just outside of Cairo. They said the military has been guarding the entrances and the people of the area are all helping keep it safe.

We just feel bad for the Mom and Dad, it seems they have bad luck on trips. There 1st trip to Florida their Dad wanted to go to the Emeril restaurant by Universal and it was closed and wouldn't open until the day after we went home, then they took a trip to Hawaii for 1st time and the volcano they were gonna go see that was always erupting decided not to while they were their, and now their trip to Egypt has been interrupted and not sure if they will be able to see the sites there. They had been there less then a week before all the stuff started happening, so they hadn't done much of anything yet.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm glad they are safe but sorry that they haven't been able to see the sites. Hopefully it will calm down over there and peace will reign.

brownie
02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
I hope your family stays safe. I'm glad they were able to get word to you. No news can be worst part of the whole thing.