PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust that our flight leaves on time

Tinkerfreak
01-27-2011, 05:50 AM
We are surposed to leave at 11:00 today and it is snowing like crazy out. So far there have been flights canceled by othere airlines at the same time our flight is surposed to leave but ours still says it is on time. I am worried that they will cancel it or delay it or possibly bump us from the flight because I'm sure lots of other people are trying to get on this flight.

It is only a short trip as it is so I want to get there on time or at least by late tonight. This was my worry about flying this time of year but we just really need this vacation.
Wish us luck.

Melanie
01-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Best of luck! :fingers:

deedeebee
01-27-2011, 06:37 AM
:pixie::pixie:

Strmchsr
01-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Lots of :pixie: for you!

lettripp
01-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Good luck! This storm is wicked but it moved out early this morning - maybe it will be ok!

Tinkerfreak
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Well they canceled our flight and moved us on a flight at 5. tonight and we are not sitting togerther. My kids say they are fine with it but I'm not sure I am. We are now not scheduled to arrive until after midnight. If we didn't take this flight the next available one was not until 4 p.m. tomorrow. Do we need to collect our own bags from baggage claim and bring them to ME with us?
Makes me just want to cancel the whole trip. I am just worried that we will get to Atlanta and be stuck there all night or not get in until 4 a.m. or something. We only have a few days and don't want to spend the first day catching up on sleep.
Will we end up not getting the connecting rooms we requested because we are arriving so late? So many things to worry about. Not too crazy to be paying for a room that I won't even be checking into until after midnight.
Sorry to be such a whiner but I'm just bummed out and not sure how to handle all of this.

PopPhan
01-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately, yes, you will have to pick up your own bags in Orlando because of the late arrival. Although no one is there to remove your bags for DME, take the yellow tags off, (if you have them on) just in case, before you check them in at the airport.

If you have 'connecting rooms' on your reservation, I would hope that they would still try to honor that, but it might be wise to try and call the resort and let them know of your situation. I don't know if that would help, but it couldn't hurt!:mickey:

Have a great trip!

Tinkerfreak
01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
I think Terrisue our travel agent is on the Disney Dream so I'm not sure if this is an emergency and I should contact Wendy or not. Not sure if they can help me. Maybe I should just try calling the resort myself.

Strmchsr
01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
I think Terrisue our travel agent is on the Disney Dream so I'm not sure if this is an emergency and I should contact Wendy or not. Not sure if they can help me. Maybe I should just try calling the resort myself.

Definitely contact Wendy. IF any changes need to be made to your reservation, MJ would have to handle it anyway. Take a deep breath and relax. No controlling the weather anyway, so might as well not stress about it. I'm so sorry for your frustration and worry though. I hope you make it down on time and maybe I'll run into you there tomorrow!

faline
01-27-2011, 11:02 AM
So sorry to hear about your flight! What a disappointment! I hope you get on the 5 o'clock flight and all works well for you!

Tinkerfreak
01-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Well Terrisue was there for me as usual to calm me down and reassure me. Goodness what would we all do without Magical Journeys.

I did call the resort and our connecting rooms were guaranteed and were assigned days ago. It actually says guaranteen on my paperwork. We are scheduled on the 5 p.m. flight and I am hoping that we can get people on the flight to switch seats with us so at least my kids are sitting together. I did purchase trip insurance so that is a relief.
Now just keep the pixie dust coming so we get into Orlando at our scheduled time and won't miss half the day tomorrow.
The nice woman at the CBR was so helpful and she connected me to ME and they updated our flights and told me to leave the yellow tags off our luggage and collect it and bring it to the bus.
Deep breath!
Thanks for all of your encouragement.

Strmchsr
01-27-2011, 11:17 AM
The nice woman at the CBR was so helpful and she connected me to ME and they updated our flights and told me to leave the yellow tags off our luggage and collect it and bring it to the bus.

I'm so glad to hear you got the help you needed to relax a little. We'll be at CBR, too, tomorrow, so I definitely might see you there. :mickey: