PDA

View Full Version : restaurants off property but close to DL

Tiggerlovr9000
01-27-2011, 01:47 AM
We are staying off site for our feb. trip. We are really on a budget and are looking for some reasonably priced places to eat breakfast and supper. We usually do lunch in the parks.. I am really looking for places with fruits and vegetables. Are there any restaurants with buffets that are within walking distance. Thanks for the help..

NewDVCowner
01-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't know about buffets, specifically, but there's an IHOP litterally across the street from the main entrance. VERY easy walking distance and they're either open 24 hours, or really late. The last time I was down there I ate there several times.

BrerGnat
01-27-2011, 12:24 PM
There aren't really any good, high quality restaurants within walking distance.

However, there are several restaurants at the Anaheim Garden Walk. Stuff like Cheesecake Factory, CPK, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, McCormick and Schmick's, etc. While these places aren't cheap, they serve HUGE portions, and sharing meals ends up being pretty cheap. Plus, you'll find better quality, healthier options here. The best way to get here from the parks is to hop the Toy Story parking lot shuttle, which will take you to a lot that is directly across the street from Garden Walk.

Along Harbor, you can walk to Ihop, Mimi's Cafe, and a couple other "fast food" type places. Of these, Mimi's cafe is your best bet for lighter fare, like soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. They serve a good breakfast here. Problem is, these restaurants are always CRAZY crowded and prices are higher than at, say, the Ihop you can visit in your own town.

My favorite place for "healthy" eating, particularly breakfast, is Jamba Juice in Downtown Disney. They have lots of great smoothies to choose from, some made with 100% fruit/fruit juice (i.e. NO sorbets or frozen yogurts). They also serve hot oatmeal, healthy low fat, high fiber baked goods, and at lunch time, three different kinds of wraps. They also have some salads.

Also, don't discount the produce stands in the parks! They have lots of fresh fruits and veggies, stuff like granola/trail mix, and odwalla smoothies.

In the parks, Bengal BBQ has some great items, including a veggies skewer, and grilled chicken and beef skewers.

You can also opt to take a cab or shuttle to some of the places along Harbor (heading NORTH on Harbor away from the parks, towards Garden Grove). There, you will find stuff like Red Lobster, a few steakhouses, and some other chain restaurants.

wildernesslady
01-31-2011, 02:12 PM
We did IHOP a couple of times for breakfast. It was a decent value for the meal.