PDA

View Full Version : Best Disneyland Area Hotels?

Mfarquar
01-26-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm curious to see what your professional opinions are about hotels right outside of Disneyland. We are thinking of going to the parks in late May of this year (but prior to Memorial Day Weekend).

We're open to staying on the Disney property, but are looking for a good value. To my knowledge, the only added value to the Disney-owned hotels is morning EMHs.

We're a married couple (no kids) and would like something that is nice, and not too motel-ish. To be honest, we'd rather not spend $400 a night because we'll be spending most of our days in the parks.

Oh, being able to walk to the parks or grab a frequent, reliable shuttle would be a plus!

So, what are your thoughts? I trust you folks more than TripAdvisor and we need help since I haven't been to DL since 1988!

Lacy
01-26-2011, 10:54 PM
I really like Candy Cane Inn. It is a short walk to the park and has free parking. The rooms are nice and reliably clean. The free breakfast is pretty good too (a perk of staying at a non-Disney hotel).

I love Disney more than most people but I think that one of the nice perks about Disneyland is that you don't have to stay on property to have a good experience and you can do a trip for much cheaper.

Phantod
01-26-2011, 11:09 PM
We've stayed a couple of times at the Sheraton Anaheim on Ball. We're a couple with no kids as well and really enjoyed it. They shuttle you over to the park and are right on time with their transportation schedule. And, if you happen to be at the hotel when the fireworks are set, you can see them from the hotel. We've got pricing in the $129 - $169 per night range.

Where ever you stay, have a great time.

NewDVCowner
01-27-2011, 12:26 PM
I've stayed at several places within easy walking distance. The Quality Inn, the Tropicana and the Park Vue. The Park Vue and Tropicana are both right across the street from the main entrance. The Quality Inn is MAYBE a ten minute walk. All have free parking and breakfast, thought the breakfast at the Tropicana was really bad. Park Vue and Quality Inn both had waffle bars as well as more substantial food. I'm actually pricing out a trip for mid April and the Tropicana came up about $130 a night and the Park Vue at $140.

Mfarquar
01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much for the info!

I'm going to look up these hotels when I get home tonight and have my husband take a look as well!

It's so nice to hear that people have had good experiences at non-Disney hotels. I kinda want to save the more $$$ part of the trip for a hotel/resort in San Diego.

CaptSmee
02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
The 1st time we went to DL resort we stayed at Grand Californian. Last time I went I stayed at Ramada Park View Inn. I doubt I'll ever stay at a Disney resort again. It's completely not like Fla. There are lot's of great alternative options from the DL resorts that are much, much cheaper and there's really no benefit to staying onsite at DL. You can walk to the parks & Downtown Disney from anywhere on Harbor Blvd or Katella Ave. Candy Cane Inn looked nice and is a very popular place.