PDA

View Full Version : Having kids two years and one day apart means...

celebrationasheley
01-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Going to Disneyworld and celebrating both birthdays in the same trip! I wish I would have had my camera ready when I told them. They threw their hands in the air and screamed!

I am looking forward to decorating our dvc room and giving them the best birthday ever!

The countdown has begun!

So now for the question. They loved Sci Fi last October. Do I pick that for one of their birthday dinners or is there a place that will give them a better birthday experience?

mook3y
01-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Going to Disneyworld and celebrating both birthdays in the same trip! I wish I would have had my camera ready when I told them. They threw their hands in the air and screamed!

I am looking forward to decorating our dvc room and giving them the best birthday ever!

The countdown has begun!

So now for the question. They loved Sci Fi last October. Do I pick that for one of their birthday dinners or is there a place that will give them a better birthday experience?

Whoo hoo. sounds fun! Our oldest 2 are 2 years and 10 days apart. but we have yet to want to brave the Mid June crowds! lol

How about Whispering Canyon? If you let the cast there know their birthdays are 1 day apart they would make it a whoot!

MOJoe
01-26-2011, 10:18 AM
I love Sci-Fi, but for a birthday celebration, not so much. The reason is that the seating arrangement in the cars is not good for conversation. With everyone facing forward, it's hard to talk with those not in your row.
There are many other fun places to try that allow you to talk to, and see each other. 50's Prime Time comes to mind in the Studios. And the food is good there too.

Oh, yeah, my sister and i were born 2 years and 3 days apart. So i'm quite familiar with dual birthday celebrations.

princessjojo
01-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Our boys are 2 yrs and 10 days apart and we did Disney one year for their birthdays. One's birthday was at the beginning of the vacation, the other at the end. We also did Whispering Canyon but did 'Ohana's for the other. It was great...

KeriWDE
01-26-2011, 10:22 PM
My daughter just turned 10 and my son just turned 4. Their birthdays are 5 days apart. I've been asked if they are twins.

ummm. yeah...

This year's trip is their birthday gifts too. We played Blue's Clues to figure out what their gift was. They loved the game and the gift.

They both want to eat at CRT for their birthdays - easy enough!

Have fun, and I hope they have wonderful birthdays.

BandMan
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM
My daughter just turned 10 and my son just turned 4. Their birthdays are 5 days apart. I've been asked if they are twins.

ummm. yeah...

My father has a subtle piece of wisdom for occasions such as these. He says "Son, people are stupid."

Words to live by. :D