PDA

View Full Version : May 21, 2011

RBrooksC
01-25-2011, 08:28 AM
As you all know, the world is coming to an end that day. So at least those who are down in WDW will get to ride the new Star Tours Ride before the Rapture.

And since my vacation will occur during this event, I have a prayer, "Dear Lord, could you please push back the second coming until May 26 so as to not interfere with my Disney vacation? That would be swell." AMEN

Strmchsr
01-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Well, that's just one take (and, as a pastor, I must admit it's one that ticks me off to no end). The Mayans say you have until December 2012, which means we should get to check out both the new Star Tours AND the new Fantasyland before it happens. :D :mickey:

RBrooksC
01-25-2011, 09:03 AM
So, anyway, still, get your Disney visits in as soon as possible. However, considering how "EEEEE-vil" I am (think Doofensmirtz), I will be around to ride all the rides with all the other "EEE-vil" people out there.

Shoot, maybe that will mean the lines will be shorter for Toy Story Mania...

I read the take of one of the leading proponents. What I find interesting is he is basing this "end of the world" on the "fact" Jesus was born in 1 AD and died in 33 AD. However, Jesus would have died in 34 AD since the Monk who created AD started it with year one instead of year zero which is how most people count years. IE. Jesus turned one at AD 2. So, he turned 33 on AD 34 not AD 33. So, his math is all off in that regard. Not to mention, scholars now believe the date of AD is off by at least four years, which would make his birthday four BC.

Frog
01-25-2011, 09:06 AM
that just made my head spin!!

PopPhan
01-25-2011, 09:32 AM
So, anyway, still, get your Disney visits in as soon as possible. However, considering how "EEEEE-vil" I am (think Doofensmirtz), I will be around to ride all the rides with all the other "EEE-vil" people out there.

Shoot, maybe that will mean the lines will be shorter for Toy Story Mania...

I read the take of one of the leading proponents. What I find interesting is he is basing this "end of the world" on the "fact" Jesus was born in 1 AD and died in 33 AD. However, Jesus would have died in 34 AD since the Monk who created AD started it with year one instead of year zero which is how most people count years. IE. Jesus turned one at AD 2. So, he turned 33 on AD 34 not AD 33. So, his math is all off in that regard. Not to mention, scholars now believe the date of AD is off by at least four years, which would make his birthday four BC.

Have you adjusted all this for the fact that the original calendar (at the time of Jesus' birth) had only 10 months vs. the current Julian calendar with 12 months? :thedolls:

So, if Jesus was 33 (34?) at the time of His crucifixion, would that have been in the calendar of the time, or the Julian calendar? If converted from the Julian calendar to the 10 month calendar of the time, He would have been 40 at His death.

This same logic applies to the May 12, 2011 date for the "End of Days"

Head spinning.....need to get off this 'Tea Cup' ride....

Ms. Mode
01-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Regardless of my Lord's age, He tells me that even He doesn't know when He's coming back...just to keep an eye out for Him. :thumbsup:

RBrooksC
01-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Have you adjusted all this for the fact that the original calendar (at the time of Jesus' birth) had only 10 months vs. the current Julian calendar with 12 months? :thedolls:

So, if Jesus was 33 (34?) at the time of His crucifixion, would that have been in the calendar of the time, or the Julian calendar? If converted from the Julian calendar to the 10 month calendar of the time, He would have been 40 at His death.

This same logic applies to the May 12, 2011 date for the "End of Days"

Head spinning.....need to get off this 'Tea Cup' ride....

I don't want to disparage anybody's beliefs. But the Pastor who is pushing this date has claimed another date as the start of the end of the world. As we can all tell, he was incorrect. He said he math was off and so he recalculated and this is the real date. :)

But, I am not taking any chances, so I keep saying my prayer ( I think God likes that I use the word "swell" in it.) in hopes that I can make it until I get back home. I really don't want to get stuck away from home when the world ends, even if it is in Disney World.