PDA

View Full Version : License plate frames ....

akaDisneyDreamer
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Where do people get Walt Disney World license plate frames? I occasionally see cars with these frames and I want one!! I looked last time we were at WDW and didn't find them, although I found a very generic red frame with Disney charactors on it, but it did not say "Walt Disney World" on it anywhere ... and I want a WDW one! :piglet:

DizneyRox
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
My guess is they are older frames.

Disney uses Disney Parks now, so they can sell the same cheap wares in Disneyland, Disney World, etc. They buy in bulk and it's cheaper with only one design.

You might find some on eBay... Or at the local salvage yard...

jensantuit
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
We bought one a few years ago at the store at Test Track. I haven't looked for them during our past few trips but I would think they would still be sold there. :mickey:

hokies4life
01-24-2011, 10:42 AM
I have sort of a collection :blush:. When I was younger I would get the license plates they used to sell (the metal ones, not the wimpy plastic ones). I even had some of the license plate holders as well. It has been years since I've seen "specific" ones being sold, ex. ones that didn't just say "Disney Parks" that you could probably find anywhere.

akaDisneyDreamer
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks. I'll check Test Track next time I go, but I guess I won't hold my breath looking for it.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I had gotten a couple of different ones at the World of Disney store at DTD but it was a few years ago and I haven't paid attention the last couple of trips. I'll try to remember to look when I'm down there at the end of this month.