PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone do this?

Tink33333
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I have been told that there is a "back door" to Epcot that takes you right into the WS. I believe they said it was by the Boardwalk. If is this is true, can anyone use it or do you have to be a guest at that hotel?

Melanie
01-22-2011, 03:04 PM
The International Gateway is for everyone! It's our favorite way to enter Epcot. It is between the UK and France.

It is indeed an easy walk from the Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club area, or you can take the boat from Hollywood Studios and it drops you off right at the International Gateway (with stops at Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach and Boardwalk in between).

Tink33333
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks that sounds like a great way to ease some of the crowd situation at closing time!

CanadianWDWFan
01-22-2011, 03:30 PM
This entrance is one of the reasons we bought DVC at the BWV.

Thanks that sounds like a great way to ease some of the crowd situation at closing time!
But the issue is that there is no link to the Epcot parking lot. Only access to the buses at BWI and the YC/BC as well asthe boat that Melanie noted. So while it will get you out of the park quicker, there is no easy access to any other resorts except the ones mentioned. Unless of course you are staying at these resorts. The Swan and Dolphin are right there as well.

Melanie
01-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Unless of course you are staying at these resorts. The Swan and Dolphin are right there as well.

And that right there is one of the biggest benefits of these particular resorts, IMO.

johnO
01-22-2011, 04:05 PM
We've used it before and it was great. The boat rides were relaxing

Darbylew
01-22-2011, 04:19 PM
We love the boat ride between Epcot and DS.
We don't stay at any of the resorts that they
pass but it is just a nice relaxing ride anytime
of day. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH. :D Is it March yet?? :confused:

Daisy'sMom
01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
We love going from HS to Epcot on that boat. One of DH's fav things to do.:mickey:

mook3y
01-22-2011, 07:27 PM
We love going from HS to Epcot on that boat. One of DH's fav things to do.:mickey:

Just for the fun of it DS (6 at time) and myself, one time we went from MK - took monorail to Epcot, walked to the boats and road over to MGM for lunch (boys day out) with friends.

It was fun to do 3 parks in an hour. :D

Crow
01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
And that right there is one of the biggest benefits of these particular resorts, IMO.
I agree. Ive stayed at BC (not really a fan of it) & Swan/Dolphin. SInce Epcot is my fav park its a huge advantage to use the IG. Ive also used it many times to travel from Epcot to DHS.

finaldynasty
01-22-2011, 09:30 PM
The IG is one of the main reasons we are staying at the BC on our next trip. Well that and a great discount with a pin code, but I digress...I can't wait to use it. I would imagine entering into the IG will be less crowded, and it will put me new several of my favorite countries in WS.

Scar
01-23-2011, 08:53 AM
I would imagine entering into the IG will be less crowded, ...
Well yes... and no. There are only a few turnstiles so it can still get crowded, especially at opening.