PDA

View Full Version : Please compare Spectromagic to Main St Electrical Parade...

tarkin
01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Are they that different? I saw MSEP back in the 70's and have a vague recollection of weird music, that's it. That, and lights. So to me it's just like Spectromagic. Prove me wrong.:mickey:

Gator
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
SpectroMagic is way better because of the music. MSEP has some weird music that I thought was cool as kid, but it certainly wasn't "timeless". Also, SM has more staple Disney characters, and the lights they wear change with the music. FOr instance, Cinderella's coach is white with blue, but the music changes and it turns into a pumpkin coach.

SM is just way better. Period.

forever a child
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
We saw MSEP in Dec. I think we saw it once during one of our first visits. But I do like SM better. It was fun though seeing MSEP with pete's dragon (elliot) and cindy's carriage and the mice. It seemed shorter though and the music is not as good as SM. I would like to see MSEP again though.

Stu29573
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I saw MSEP in November and I still think its better than SM. I like the music and the retro charm, I guess. Oh well, to each their own.

BrerGnat
01-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I like MSEP better. By far.

Spectromagic was good, when it debuted in the early 90's. It seems very tired these days. And, honestly, I'm not fond of park music that contains singing in children's voices. I find it creepy. I hate that about Wishes too. Maybe it's because of Small World. :thedolls: :blush:

SBETigg
01-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I saw MSEP in November and I still think its better than SM. I like the music and the retro charm, I guess. Oh well, to each their own.

I like MSEP better. By far. Spectromagic ... And, honestly, I'm not fond of park music that contains singing in children's voices. I find it creepy. I hate that about Wishes too. Maybe it's because of Small World. :thedolls: :blush:

I feel the same way! I love MSEP for the retro feel and the memories. I have the same problem with the kid voices. A little too saccharine, and slightly creepy.

dinahvixen
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
MSEP is better in my opinion - the essentials of both parades are the same; characters and lights, but the music for Spetro Magic just seems so slow to me - the MSEP music is lively and energetic.

#1donaldfan
01-21-2011, 03:30 PM
No compairson...!!
Spectro is much better !!
Until they bring it back we will just ride, rides !

Melanie
01-21-2011, 03:31 PM
And Spectro has the creepy clown guys. Sorry. CREEPY.

To be honest, not really overjoyed about either one, although the To Honor America float from MSEP is my favorite float from either.

clausjo
01-21-2011, 04:19 PM
We love MSEP!! I love it because it was the parade I grew up with. My kids saw it for the first time in June and they also loved it, too! They thought the music was so cool.

tarkin
01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Looking forward to seeing the differences. Yeah, I find the clowns creepy too!:blush:

SelfmadeWade
01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Spectro is MUCH better - Better music and Better effects, plus more characters and surprises. MSEP is dated and it shows.

LVT
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I do not get there enough to recall which is which. I am glad they change about sometimes.
I hope the afternoon parade had changed in the past 2 years also.

finaldynasty
03-23-2011, 08:14 PM
[/QUOTE=#1donaldfan;2135629]No compairson...!!
Spectro is much better !!
Until they bring it back we will just ride, rides ![/QUOTE]

:ditto:

Saw it last June and as a kid...that was enough.

tarkin
03-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I enjoyed it actually. I really liked the music and had it stuck in my head all night!

awaggett
03-23-2011, 10:41 PM
I like both, however am very excited MSEP is back for nostalgic/retro reasons! As a kid I LOVED it, and listened to the music on the album we bought at MK. Listening to it now on the internet.

brownie
03-23-2011, 10:48 PM
I like SpectroMagic better, especially the music. We saw Main Street Electrical Parade for the first time last year, and I thought it was okay, but not as good as SpectroMagic.

Cjsmom1811
03-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Spectro Magic ALL THE WAY :number1:

I LOVED the music and the clowns :secret:
Its something that reminds me of when I was a kid. The Electrical parade IS shorter and kind of dul!! I miss the outfits changing to white, it was absolutly BEAUTIFUL! And I miss the Fish that drove around and winked at you. Oh well I guess this is a new parade for my sons generation to grow up with! Things were better back in the day though ;)