PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 parks, which to do?

giroux28
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm taking a trip with my girlfriend (Both 23) to WDW from 3/5-3/9, during which we have 2-day base tickets so we can only choose 2 parks to go to. MK is a definite, and I always preferred EPCOT over all others when I was in my early teens, but I have not been since I was 14 and many things at WDW have changed.

What do you all think would be the best park, other than MK to go to for the day for 2 young adults. We enjoy rides, shows, experiences, everything so just fire away with suggestions. Thank you :mickey:

AllDisney
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
We love Epcot so I'd spend my extra day there. If you loved it when you were a teenager I think you'll love it now.

:thumbsup:

deedeebee
01-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Another vote for Epcot:thumbsup:

renecat
01-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I also would say Epcot. Took our cousin for the first time this year and she thought Illuminations was one of the best things she'd ever seen.

Faver
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
definitely EPCOT!!!!!:cloud9: Enjoy!!

Dulcee
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Hands down Epcot. DBF and I went (both 23 also) and had a blast doing World Showcase. While I had always loved it growing up he had never been and we really enjoyed eating/drinking our way around the world :)

mook3y
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
another Epcot vote.

forever a child
01-21-2011, 01:10 PM
If I only had two parks to visit...it would have to be MK and Epcot :thumbsup:

However, you guys being "young uns" and all...maybe you might like DHS with Tot & RnR over Epcot. Not sure....guess it just depends on what you are interested it more...thrill rides or food and atmosphere. Also DHS does have Fantasmic....which we LOVE! (see, I couldn't do just 2 parks!)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow wish you had hoppers because I would suggest going early to AK and then hopping over to Epcot...since you only have base tickets I gotta go with everyone else and say definitely go to Epcot

Scar
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
If it were me, I would spend one day at Epcot and the second day at... Epcot.

sassafras
01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
One word-Epcot!

Momto3littlemice
01-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Well I think it depends on what you like. If you truly want to experience authentic Walt Disney World -- they my vote is for Epcot. It is an amazingly beautiful park with lots of great attractions. It has great food options and lots of culture and to me it is just more Disney than the other two.

However, if you don't care that much about the Disney-ness of it all, then I might go with DHS. DHS has more thrill rides than Epcot, has fantasmic, Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and more.

So I guess it comes down to what do you want... more thrill (DHS) or more Disney (Epcot). If it were me, I would pick Epcot. Either way, enjoy your trip! We will be down there at the same time!! :mickey:

johnO
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm taking a trip with my girlfriend (Both 23) to WDW from 3/5-3/9, during which we have 2-day base tickets so we can only choose 2 parks to go to. MK is a definite, and I always preferred EPCOT over all others when I was in my early teens, but I have not been since I was 14 and many things at WDW have changed.

What do you all think would be the best park, other than MK to go to for the day for 2 young adults. We enjoy rides, shows, experiences, everything so just fire away with suggestions. Thank you :mickey:

Small world, I used to live in Southampton, PA..

anyway, by far, the best place for you and your girl would be Epcot, specifically, World Showcase. The two of you, walking the promanade, great setting for two adults.

jlmct52
01-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Magic Kingdom and Epcot! No doubt about it!

Not only are these my favorite parks.....but in reality for what you will want to do, Disney's Animal Kingdom is really only a half-day park.
And, if I ever went to Walt Disney World and missed out on Epcot, it feel like I had missed so much.:mickey:

goofy-4-disney
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
My choice would also be for EPCOT. Great atmosphere, great dining choices, and Illuminations make it an easy choice for me.

johnO
01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Looks like everyone agrees.

if DW and I were in the same position, we'd also choose Epcot. Talk about a cool day with the DW, walking around Epcot, trying foods from here and there, perhaps an adult beverage and dont forget the streetmosphere actors, Off Kilter, Bristich invasion....Man i'm ready to go too!!

MissTink
01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Definately Epcot! If you haven't been there in 9 years, you may have been on Test Track but Mission Space opened in 2003 and Soarin in 2005... thats if you are interested in the rides... I always spend an evening with my husband walking around WS and ending the night with :marg: in Mexico watching Illuminations, which is the best show in Disney, IMO :thumbsup:

lettripp
01-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Without a DOUBT Epcot.

You get 2 parks in one. You get the BEST food on premises. You get some of the most innovative and creative attractions. You get AMAZING shopping.

Honestly, EPCOT has everything worth having :mickey:

BandMan
01-22-2011, 12:05 AM
AK and DHS have some great rides, but for spending a whole day immersed in the Disney experience, you can't beat EPCOT.

You've got some great rides like Soarin' and Test Track, great shows like Liberty Voices, Off Kilter or Fab Four, dozens of cool and funky shops, and every type of cuisine you could imagine. Get there early and use that day to it's fullest!

Disney Yankee
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
I have to agree with everyone that has said EPCOT. You really can't beat the World Showcase and rides like Test Track and Soarin' at Future World. Have fun!!!:mickey:

johnO
01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
I could sit back in WS and people watch ALL DAY.

LVT
01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Epcot gets my vote. You could also take a monorail spin from there. If she has not been before it will be great to be able to introduce her to it all. I would be greatly tempted to get the park hopper tickets even for 2 days.

foolish_mortal
01-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I definitely agree with Epcot. As fun as MGM is, I feel you get the full range of the Disney experience from MK and Epcot. Plus, if you're debating over night shows, while it would be awesome to see Fantasmic, your whole night ends up revolving around it and you lose time in the park. I suggest spending the morning in Future World and close out your day in the World Showcase. Also, little tip from me to you, one of my favorite places to watch Illuminations is Italy. It's a clear view and the crowds are usually in places like Mexico and the UK.:mickey: