PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Planet in HS

ewasilau
01-21-2011, 12:50 AM
I know this is the name of the restaurant in the original Toy Story movie, so is the Pizza Planet in HS very Toy Story themed? Or does it just look like any other coutner-service place? We are trying to figure out whether our Toy Story-obsessed almost 3 and 4 1/2 year olds will love this place. Would it be a must do for a Toy Story fan?

Thanks!

gerald72
01-21-2011, 04:34 AM
There are pictures of Buzz, and green aliens hanging from the ceiling. And lots of arcade games, but I wouldn't say it's highly Toy Story themed. Although my son loves Toy Story, and we always try to eat there.

DizneyRox
01-21-2011, 06:23 AM
It's just an attempt at a movie tie in. There are some token Toy Story pictures/props, etc, but if you're looking for Toy Story, you want to head on down by the Toy Story Mania area, that is crazy themed compared to Pizza Planet.

It's also probably got some of the worst pizza I've ever had in my life. I think I'd rather spill some ketchup on my old army boots and chew on those for a while.

MOJoe
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Before my sons became teens, they loved Pizza Planet. But for me, it rates as the worst place to eat on property.
It's really nothing more than a big arcade that serves arcade quality pizza. Avoid it if you can. Tolerate it if you must.

rubato
01-21-2011, 12:32 PM
My son loves it and we think it stinks. So, we got his lunch to go and took it to Starring Rolls, where we got lunch. Worked out great!

dyin tago
01-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I must agree,although dw and I love the whole disney experience and can handle some not so great food but pizza planet was gross!:ack:

we had salad with our pizza and it wasn`t any better.

Mogie
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
It's sorta themed..seeing the Toy Story Green Alien Toys sticks out in my head.

But yeah the pizza is gross and looked like it was made out of Play Dough.

They do have a Gluten Free Pizza for those with allergies and in tolerances but apparently those are even worse and almost inedible.

PrettyMinnie
01-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Pizza Planet is hands down the worst CS I have been to at WDW (granted I have not been to all but refuse to return here). I would not say it was very well themed, there are obvious Toy Story ties throughout the restaurant but nothing to make it seem more special than any other CS. We have been twice, once when there were low crowds in the parks and once when it was very busy (Memorial Day Weekend combined with Star Tours), but both times it was insanely crowded. As soon as we walked in we were shoulder to should with someone :crowd: and got small, not very good pizza. :ack: Even though there is adequate seating, there was no table to be found and we had to eat outside standing up! And it was hot! :bang: For me, Pizza Planet is a bit of a nightmare but if you have a Toy Story enthusiast in your family I can see how it could be appealing. I just cant bring myself to go back.

HoosierDisneyFan
01-22-2011, 10:07 AM
:ditto:

The only thing I would add is that the time we were at this resturant it was very noisy and crowded. Not a place to go for a relaxing meal.

LudwigVonDrake
01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Not the best Pizza I've ever had :laughing:

joonyer
01-23-2011, 09:13 PM
The cheapest frozen supermarket pizza is better. And you'll pay about $6.00 for a small personal size at Pizza Planet.

mook3y
01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I would say to take your kids to the "Honey I shrunk the kids" play area. There is a place to eat right next to it with good food and kids just love that play area!

garymacd
01-27-2011, 07:07 PM
It's also probably got some of the worst pizza I've ever had in my life.

Avoid the salad...

brownie
01-28-2011, 11:50 AM
It's also probably got some of the worst pizza I've ever had in my life. I think I'd rather spill some ketchup on my old army boots and chew on those for a while.

We ate there in 2000 and the pizza was bad. We got stuck eating at Pizza Planet on our trip this past December and the pizza wasn't great but it was decent (a lot better than I remember it being.) I still wouldn't run right out to eat there again, though.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Reading this thread has been interesting...my family sounds like the only ones who don't mind Pizza Planet! Of course, it isn't anything special, but I find it hard to find good CS at DHS in general.

DisneyFr33k
01-29-2011, 06:01 AM
I find it hard to find good CS at DHS in general.

Right before our last trip, I posted about alternative counter services while at HS. One of our intercot friends replied saying to take a short trip over to the Boardwalk resort and eat at the Boardwalk Bakery. We never made it over there, but their pasteries, sandwiches and panini's were highly recommended. Just thought I'd pass along another option.

We have avoided Pizza Planet even though our son was a HUGE Toy Story fan. We read here on Intercot how bad the food was. He didn't complain or miss it. What he didn't know didn't hurt him!!