PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Soft Opening????

wdwjenn
01-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh no:confused: I planned our upcoming May trip so hubby could experience the new star tours (he is a huge Star Wars fan!!) :trooper:
Does Disney do soft openings with most major attractions? How can we find out if there will be any while we are there? We will be there May 11 - 18.
Please help if you can!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
They do soft openings. Just have to be lucky. Your trip is close to the official opening, so I say you have a pretty good chance of getting to ride it.

LVT
01-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I hope so too. We caught a soft opening for soaring, due to hints from discussion boards. Then: note where the construction walls are and watch for CM's in the area or Lines with CMs, For Soaring, the CM 's were in the new costumes and they talked to the patrons. Once the soft openings begin, I hope we will get back reports and tips on catching them.

RBrooksC
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I had originally read that the opening for Star Tours 2 would be May 17th. I questioned that since I figured that weekend would start Star Wars Weekends. I thought, perhaps, the soft opening would be around May 17 and they would do a grand opening celebration to start Star Wars Weekends.

CaptSmee
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Maybe you'll get lucky. They were already promoting it before the parade started this week.

jimsgal05
01-30-2011, 07:41 AM
I saw un offically May 19th... well it was on the disney site for that ride to open but when i called they said "look like" the 19th..because our honeymoon is 20th and Star wars weekend was the whole reason to goto disney..pLus I love Diseny!!!... KEEPING FINGURS CROSSED

So who knows but hopefully they have a soft opening on the 17/18th before you leave.

keeping fingures crossed for you!!!!

have agreat time when ya go!!!

FenwayGirl
01-30-2011, 08:40 AM
We will be there May 12-17...hope we get to catch it

Jared
01-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Oh no:confused: I planned our upcoming May trip so hubby could experience the new star tours (he is a huge Star Wars fan!!) :trooper:
Does Disney do soft openings with most major attractions? How can we find out if there will be any while we are there? We will be there May 11 - 18.
Please help if you can!!!!!!!!!:mickey:
There is a very strong chance you will catch the new Star Tours on a soft opening. I rode Expedition Everest and Toy Story Mania on soft openings within a week or two of their official openings. No guarantees, of course, but I think it's likely.

WDWfanatic742
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
At least with TSM and Expedition Everest you could see somewhat what the progress of the construction was. With Star Tours we have no way of knowing how far ahead or behind they are.

Cherriey
05-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey! Sorry to disappoint everyone, but there will be absolutely no soft opening for the Star Tours attraction in Walt Disney World. If anyone says there is they are wrong. =0) I am currently working there and we are definitely not ready. May 20th is the first time anyone will be able to experience that attraction.

Hope this bit of info helps. =0)

lylahsmommy
05-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks, Cherriey!

Do you know if they are going to have a "ribbon cutting" ceremony at 10am? That was another rumor. My plan was to get there an hour or so before park opening, ride ST2 first thing, and spend the rest of the day doing the other attractions.

But if we can't ride it until AFTER they do the ceremony at 10am, then maybe I should do MK on Friday and DHS on Saturday.... hmm...

Fastpasssteve
05-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Why do I have the feeling even the best laid plans will involve long lines and many, many people? I am so looking forward riding this...but all of our patience will be tested in this next episode.