PDA

View Full Version : The Magic, The Memories & You

cer
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
OK,

I was just on another of my favorite sites for Disney and there is a blogger who put up a video of the premiere of new show The Magic, The Memories & You.

I was one of those who could not figure out how projecting pics of people in the parks on the castle would be anything worth seeing. Well after seeing this video, I must say it looks impressive and is something I'd like to see in person. It looks to me like it's more about the castle and less about the pictures of guests. Although they are there, it seems they play a pretty small part.

The technology (to me) is pretty remarkable and well done. I will be interested to hear what you all think.

Anyone else see this?

Altair
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
The castle looked fine, but I didn't feel the photographs added anything to the show.

I'm sure you will be able to get a Photopass shot with your photo added to the castle.

Altair
01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
No other opinions on this? Disney made this out to be a big deal.:mickey:

kaylamag
01-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I saw a video of this today and thought it looked amazing!

BklynChick
01-21-2011, 10:31 PM
I have to admit, when I first heard about this, my reaction was that it was a lame idea. However, I watched the video on the Disney Parks Blog and it's actually kinda cool!

The one thing that I haven't seen mentioned is when in the evening it will happen - before parades and fireworks? In between? As an add-on to Wishes?

lettripp
01-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I have to admit when I first heard about the idea, I was skeptical...

Now that I see it in action it looks AMAZING, CREATIVE, HEARTWARMING... I just can't wait to see it in August!!!!!!!!!

johnO
01-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Watched it live on another site. Looked good, but would have been better in person for sure.

Joannelet
01-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I have to say I too was one of the ones that was skeptical about this....
but after seeing the video...it looks gorgeous and I cannot wait to see this in person!

Melanie
01-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I saw the part with Walt projected on the Castle. Looked great! Otherwise, still not crazy about random guests pics up there. Hopefully I will get to see it soon and my opinion will change. :)

crltkcagle
01-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Wow I think it looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person!

cuteduck223
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
i'll see it in person i a little over a week. reserving judgment until then :secret:

SelfmadeWade
01-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes, this is MUCH better than I expected. I wish I could say the same for the new parade at Hollywood Studios.

Christine
01-23-2011, 08:33 AM
I saw it last night and I had ranted about how I didn't think it was a good idea since day 1-

I stand corrected. It's AMAZING! While I still don't like the random pictures of strangers , it's really a small and easy to ignore aspect. Enjoy the lights, the movement effects, and the characters- and WALT! You really won't be bothered by the random shots of guest pictures.

I will say, don't care for the song. But again, it's easily overlooked by the amazing visuals.

I think Disney did a great job. I've never seen anything like it. My husband ( who can be quite the cynic) was floored. That floored me!! ; Going again tomorrow night. Gotta see it again!!

01-23-2011, 06:21 PM
The one thing that I haven't seen mentioned is when in the evening it will happen - before parades and fireworks? In between? As an add-on to Wishes?

Right now, it is going at 7:43 with Wishes at 7:58. It runs for 10 minutes.

Have seen it 5 times now and see more things each time that I see it.

Awesome show.

EpcotChic23
01-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Just like everyone else when they announced this I thought it was such a boring idea, but I just watced on You Tube and I loved it!! I can't wait to see it live in May!!

Evil Genius
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I watched an HD video of the show over the weekend and was floored by just how stunning it was!

I wasn't expecting much, but the projection effects they are utilizing are, to coin a phrase, MAGICAL!

It's been quite a while since anything new in the parks have given me a chill...but I'm serious when I say the show really sent a chill through me...and the moment with Walt near the end really put it over the top. Just heart warming. I was smiling through the entire show.

Disdad13
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I haven't been able to be on the boards for a while and hadn't heard about this at all - is this a permanent thing? And do they do it every night, or only on certain nights? The video I saw looks pretty cool....

01-25-2011, 06:23 PM
I haven't been able to be on the boards for a while and hadn't heard about this at all - is this a permanent thing? And do they do it every night, or only on certain nights? The video I saw looks pretty cool....

Every night during 2011.

BrerGnat
01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I watched a video online and also think it's VERY cool.

STILL don't like the guest pictures up there, and the song is horrible.

I think it would be neat as a "silent" show, just happening at random times during the night. That would be "magical".

sacandjac
01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I really hope I get to see this in November! We will be in MK for MVMCP. Do you think they will do it during the party? I sure hope so!

Chic-a-pin
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I saw it too and can't wait to see it in person! All I know is I WANNA be a random person picture on the castle, HAHAHA!! It'd be my claim to fame :D

PetefromRI
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I saw it this past weekend while we were at the MK.This is an amazing awesome show.We liked it better than Wishes.The technology is unbelievable and we hope that they keep this going forever.The pictures on the castle aren't a big deal but the rest of it is amazing.This is what seperates Disney from the rest.

mickey_M_lvr
01-28-2011, 10:54 AM
I have to say that I thought it was gonna be cheesy....I am happy to admit I was wrong. I watched it 2x just to see it again.

Can't wait til September to see in it real life! :D

MarkC
01-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I thought Wishes was very impressive when we saw it last year, but this is very impressive. Can't wait to see it in September.

Melanie
01-30-2011, 10:06 AM
I saw the part with Walt projected on the Castle. Looked great! Otherwise, still not crazy about random guests pics up there. Hopefully I will get to see it soon and my opinion will change. :)

LOOOOOOVED IT! :blush: Hopefully I can discuss a bit on our upcoming podcast.

Also, I think it's a great bridge between parade time and Wishes.

BrerGnat
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I tried to catch the Disneyland version at Small World last night. I waited 45 minutes in the freezing cold only to have the show be cancelled due to "technical difficulties". Ugh. I was so frustrated!

And, for the record, how involved is this technology that technical difficulties might cancel shows left and right? Isn't it just a projection? Haven't we mastered that yet? ;)

Buttercup
01-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I absolutely started to bawl watching the video on YouTube. After 30+ years going to Disney, that's a first. :thumbsup::mickey::cloud9:

Ayndi
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
I had no idea there was going to be a new show and happened to be right on Main Street when it started. Utterly amazing. It was fantastic.

I can't say enough about it, really.

I was very very impressed.

wildernesslady
01-31-2011, 01:37 PM
I just watched it. Looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in person.

PopPhan
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Also, I think it's a great bridge between parade time and Wishes.

For that reason alone, I would hope that they would consider this a permanent "show." It can be awfully boring standing around the hub waiting between MSEP/Spectro and Wishes!

As far as what was shown on the videos that I have seen on YouTube, and other places, it looks a lot more impressive than what I had been imagining. Kudos to Disney ImaginEaring!!

ransam
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
I always figured it would look good. I mean it was disney, what else would i expect?

antngoof89
01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Just watched the video.. it is wonderful! I love the Magic Kingdom because of the shows that Disney has always been able to come up with. Fireworks and any show involving the Castle have always brought the fondest of memories to my mind and this show does no different! I wish I was going to be able to see this!

giroux28
02-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Just watched the first 30 or so seconds of the projections on youtube, it gave me chills. I forced myself to stop so I could be surprised when myself and DGF are there in March :blush:

The one month countdown starts Saturday :number1: