PDA

View Full Version : Disney Furniture for Adults

Disney-4-Me
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know where I can find adult-sized Disney furniture? I am really looking for a chair, but I might be tempted to buy other matching furniture for a spare room. I can't find anything except a very expensive Italian-made chair that doesn't really look Disney.

Thanks for helping!:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
You used to be able to get this over at the Disney @ Home shop in DTD.

It was converted to Goofy's Candy Company and nothing else has surfaced. They have a really great arm chair in there once and an adorable dresser (I might be able to dig up pictures) but those dissappeared. I think they were more custom pieces that anything else. We did pick up a few mirrors at the time and those are gone now as well.

You MAY find some bed linens and whatnot on Disney Store dot com, but I don't even bother checking there anymore.

I'm starting to get into woodworking lately and might take a shot at building something Disney themed. The wife wanted an entertainment center and cabinets for the breakfast nook first, next up is my office. Gonna make a desk for myself and play spot the hidden mickey's with guests.

WishingStar2006
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
When they are renovating WDW hotel rooms they often sell the furniture that is being replaced to "wholesalers"....might be worth a "search" on e-bay!

Disney-4-Me
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the help. I guess the situation is pretty much what I expected. I'm heading to eBay next. I would love to have one of the chairs from Chef Mickey's!

KylesMom
01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the help. I guess the situation is pretty much what I expected. I'm heading to eBay next. I would love to have one of the chairs from Chef Mickey's!

Ditto on that one!

Disney Store online used to have some pretty cool things - we've gotten our padded kitchen chairs, bar stools & night stand through them. Sadly, the limited furnishings they now carry are out of our budget range! :(

DizneyRox
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Just found one of the pictures. It was an armchair/ottoman combo. I think it was referred to as Steamboat Willie Upholstered Chair. It was grey and had "drawings" of Mickey heads with various expressions from the short Steamboat Willie. Really nice chair BTW. Listed at $895 if my eyes are working correctly.

We should have jumped at it! I also have various pictures of some mirrors that were for sale. We picked one of them up before they were discontinued. It looks like a wavy picture frame with raised Mickey heads on the frame. I forget how much we paid for it, probably $80 or so if I were to guess.