PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Evenings at Animal Kingdom?

Tigger's Mom
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I was looking at the July park hours for our upcoming trip and noticed that AK has 2 early days, but no nights. Any idea as to why? When my son and I were there last year, we had 1 night to go. I like the option of doing this one in the evening. Just wondered if there was some reason they opted to do things this way. Thanks!

DizneyRox
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Cost cutting...

This was announced previously, but i think it was mentioned as more of a seasonal change. Honestly, I didn't hink it would extend into the busy summer months.

Looks like it's been successful, and might be a permanent perk...

tarkin
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
How much of the park is available for EMH evenings? We've got one day scheduled first week of February. Is it worth doing?

Disney_Barbie
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I have a similar question, is it really so that thru-out the summer there will really be NO evening extra magic hours on Wednesday, Thursday & Saturdays (appears this is the routine for May, June & July) at first I thought perhaps they just hadn't finished posting the scheudal on the official site, but now it seems as though this is the case. IS IT REALLY SO? If so I'm very sadened! Evening EMH is my favorite thing can they really just drop almost half of the week???

DizneyRox
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I thought that AK really shined in the after hours. As far as attractions, there's not much to do, however the ambiance of the park was/is incredible. It was only a once a week event sadly and we didn't get to go as often as I liked, but when I did it was great.

Last summer they tried an after hours party in Africa that was great! Different foods, dancing, etc. Africa doesn't have any true attractions at night so this was a welcome change to me anyway.

But attendence is low at AK during normal hours, it was probably pretty tough to justify paying all the CMs with even less people going after hours. That's too bad, Ak doens't get the attention it needs to really make it a great park. And it's probably because of it's current attendence numbers. When you have to come up with an ROI on everything you do, it's got to make additions to AK really tough to get through the bean counters. It's got to be one of the easiest parks to come up with ideas for though...

LVT
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I agree. I was very disappointed to read that the last evening EMH hours for AK were in February. We are going in May and I had hoped, alas.

KylesMom
01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I have a similar question, is it really so that thru-out the summer there will really be NO evening extra magic hours on Wednesday, Thursday & Saturdays (appears this is the routine for May, June & July) at first I thought perhaps they just hadn't finished posting the schedule on the official site, but now it seems as though this is the case. IS IT REALLY SO? If so I'm very sadened! Evening EMH is my favorite thing can they really just drop almost half of the week???

When we first began our park plan for July several weeks ago, I noticed the same thing. In fact, this is the first time in many years that EMH (both a.m. and p.m.) are almost completely different than in past years. My jaw hit the floor, as many families plan their days around evening EMH when it's cooler. Evening EMH are definitely out of the schedule at AK.

I haven't given up hope that they'll add more evening hours in the other three parks if attendance warrants it. However, that's what they're posting now . . . :(

crltkcagle
01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
It seemed like there just wasn't much to do in AK during evening EMH. Maybe thats why?