PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Studios???

dbhpsu
01-19-2011, 08:30 AM
After reading an article on the local news site, it listed that Comcast's purchase of NBC included the Universal Theme Parks.
Very interesting indeed, a few short years ago Comcast made a play on the Walt Disney Company, and everyone joked the new ride would be the bucket truck spinner. May come to reality afterall a little down the road at Universal.

JabberJaws
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Lol as funny as that would be, I'd imagine that the Universal parks will remain as-is. Most big companies that purchase other companies that include theme park rights tend to be happy to let those operate as a stand-alone division of the company. Just like when the belgium company InBev purchased Anheiser Busch. That purchase included the Busch Gardens/Sea World parks. InBev simply removed most of the beer references from the parks (Clysdales, beer school, etc.) and made them sort of a stand-alone division of the company.

I'd imagine that Comcast will do the same.

Incidentally, Universal Hollywood is the only one of the Universal parks that is 100% owned by Universal Studios. UO and the international parks are only part-owned by Universal. I believe the Blackstone Group has a joint-share of UO. Not sure about the Int'l parks.