PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours 2

RBrooksC
01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I am very psyched that the new Star Tours ride will open May 20, 2011. This will be the first time I am there for something like that.

It is also my guess it will coincide with Star Wars Weekends.

mook3y
01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I was at Disneyland for the opening of the original star wars. It was really quite the ordeal! hope they have a party for the re-opening!

At Disneyland, they stayed open for 3 days straight!

The line was crazy though, it was over 3 hours long the whole weekend at times, was almost all the way down main street to the front gate.

They also gave away a star tours watch every day of the grand opening.

Was very cool!

I am extremely excited about Star Tours 2 and hope they leave a tribute to innerspace in the movie.

MyDisneyworld
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Can't wait to see the new one. A little sad to see the old one go but it was outdated.

JabberJaws
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
It is also my guess it will coincide with Star Wars Weekends.

Yup, that weekend is the first weekend of Star Wars weekends. Should be quite the display for the opening. If you have never been during the SW weekends, they are a lot of fun. Disney does a really good job with the theming and creating a fun environment (like the storm troopers positioned on the roof of the turnstile area bantering back and forth before the park opens in the a.m.)

I expect it will be all the crazier for the opening of the ride.

Silver_Surfer
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Oh boy I hope it opens on time!

RBrooksC
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I was there for Star Wars Weekends back in 2001 and I am excited to take my son who will be five because he is the biggest fan of Darth Vader.

We were planning on going to Star Wars Weekend that Friday morning early because Friday will be the "least crowded" day but if the ride is opening that day, that may not necessarily be the case.

I am interested in seeing how they "open" the ride or if it will be just "Happy Star Wars Weekends. The ride is open..."

RBrooksC
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Oh boy I hope it opens on time!

I got that information from Disney's FB posting. So the date is the "official" word from Disney. I am sure that is the "Hard" opening date and the ride will be open for testing prior to Friday to work out the bugs.

kcrc
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
What do you think the reopening of Star Tours will do to the Toy Story Mania lines? Do you think it will reduce them? As some people will spend their time fastpassing/standing in line for Star Tours? Or do you think it will increase them because more people will be drawn to the park?

RBrooksC
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM
That would most likely be Disney's hope. The rides are on different sides of the park. And I would think they want to load balance the guests. So, what Disney's hope is and what reality brings will only be known in May.

JabberJaws
01-20-2011, 10:54 AM
What do you think the reopening of Star Tours will do to the Toy Story Mania lines? Do you think it will reduce them? As some people will spend their time fastpassing/standing in line for Star Tours? Or do you think it will increase them because more people will be drawn to the park?

I think it should decrease them as it will help to spread out the crowds and evenly divide up ride-goers from the far side of the park where ToT and RnC are, to the middle w/ TSM and the other side w/ ST.