PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to WDW for my Birthday!

SuzieBell
01-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I just have to tell someone who's a Disney fan so I thought I'd post!! DH & I set the dates - 10 Glorious days! :cloud9: Unfotunately it's 169 days away! We have to go in July, due to DS(12) and baseball! He keeps seeing those commercials and says he never gets surprised b/c he always know when we are going. So were going to try and surprise him and go 2 weeks earlier that we "plan".:secret: AND since his B'day is June 12th and mine is July 11th, were going to do joint b'day celebrations (7/11 & 7/12)! Hope it works! I'll update as I get closer and solicite ideas! Now to start planning! I'm one of those spreadsheet people!:blush:

chefmickey3
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Good luck with the surprise! We are trying to pull a surprise trip as well. It is so hard to not to tell! We love going in July and enjoying the pools. Have fun planning!

clausjo
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Have a great trip! My birthday is July 8th and I'll be 40 this year. We're going in 14 days :cloud9:, but I'm trying to figure out how we can go for my "special" celbration as well!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Congrats! Have fun with the planning! :wave:

GottaLvDisney
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Sounds fun!

We're also trying to pull off a surprise trip this year (September). Our kids are already anticipating that we'll be going since they have a school break and we've done every other year, but we've hinted that it's just not in the finances this year.

I don't know if I'll make it, though, b/c I get so into the planning & anticipation that I'm constantly talking WDW. Guess I'll just have to drive DH twice as batty since I can't discuss it with the kiddos.

japhilli
01-19-2011, 01:54 PM
We're going in July too......I will be 40 on July 15th.....my husband will be 40 on August 7th and our son will be 16 on May 25th.....so we are going for 10 days to celebrate all of our birthdays.:party:

SuzieBell
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Lot's of Birthday's in July!! We should all have one big party!! Where is everyone staying? My thoughts are POR. Also, my parents just helped us out! We have our precious little dog and unfortunately can't take him with us. We were going to fly him down and drive to my parents in Sarasota and drop off the dog, then come back. They are willing to fly here and stay here! Plus take and pick us up at the airport! That's $200+ savings! I've actaully been saving for 3 years! Were suppose to go last year but...ya'll know how that goes! Have almost $1500 and DH does not know!:secret: Can't wait to spring that on him!! To suprise DS I'm picking up Gparents at airport the afternoon before we leave and they are going to give him a package and inside will be a helium Mickey Balloon with a note saying "he's going to WDW tomorrow!" Now if my DH can keep a secret!

mook3y
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Too fun! It was SOOO hard for me to keep our last trip a secret from my kids. But the looks on their faces when we got to the airport and found out what was really going on was awesome!

Bet you get a great reaction!

micky95
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! i'm going down in 58 days for my 50 th. cant think of a better place for it.my dw is going to surprise me with a steak dinner at rose & crown haha my choice for my actual birthday meal march 22.we are going with my mother in law & her friend also, so i'm postive something is going to surprise me.you put the 3 of them together you better look out !one more for a july birthday is my father he'll be 80.

KylesMom
01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
We'll be down there roughly the same time, too! 171 days and counting for our 20th wedding anniversary trip (and a late 45th birthday celebration - my birthday's in June, too!). Get that spreadsheet ready! Coincidentally, I've been able to get all of the ADRs I've tried for so far . . . have fun planning and GOOD LUCK with keeping that secret! :mickey:

forever a child
01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Congrats! And good luck with the surprise!

We are going for the first time on DD's Birthday. Sort of hard when her Birthday is during the school year..but we are going to anyway.

I can't really surprise DD since she is also in INTERCOT, ;) But I do have a surprise or two for her on her special day!

I love hearing about how others surprise their loved ones with a trip or while at WDW. :thumbsup:

andreallybadeggs
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
It's so hard to keep the secret but well worth the effort. We had just returned from a July trip and decided to surprise our DD with a Sweet 16 in November. I had to coordinate with her best friend's friends parents and they had even more trouble keeping quiet than I did.
It was unforgettable though...We really dragged it out...had to plan something or the girls would have been suspicious so we told them it was a long weekend in Branson-- they were excited! Instead we drove to the airport and flew to Dallas-- they were more excited!
Then we told them we actually had one more flight and asked DD if she had her choice of anywhere in the world to spend her big day, what would she say? Both girls started jumping up and down and screaming "Disney World!" Will never forget that moment. Enjoy the planning, enjoy the trip!.:mickey:

LVT
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I went for my 50th. It was an awesome trip and the extra "Happy Birthday" wishes were great.

Mousemates
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
hope you have a great time planning your happy birthday trip and a super time when you get there.

LudwigVonDrake
01-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Congratulations! Have a great time!! :wave:

AdventurerKim
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I will arrive in WDW on my birthday for the first time ever this year!! I can't wait! :mickey: