PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Faire dinner opinions?

Crow
01-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Ive never tried it, she said to book a buffet & picked that. How is the food & atmosphere for adults?

Scar
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I was not at all impressed with the food. Cape May was much better. I wasn't impressed with the atmosphere either, kinda loud.

That being said, give it a try for yourself, your mileage my vary.

bob6572
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I agree that it is loud, but I found the food to be very good. Different entree's than most of the other bufetts. You don't find Coq De Vin at many buffetts. And if you have kids the characters make it fun for the kids.

We are going in three weeks and will be the third straight year we eat here. Skipping Chef Mickey's and Cape May.

faline
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm not a big buffet person but did enjoy this one. The interaction with the stepmother and stepsisters is lots of fun!

AnnaMom
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree with Scar - was not at all impressed with the food & very loud. Cape May was much better and they have crab leggs!

clausjo
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
We ate here in August and really enjoyed it. The stepsisters are so funny! They are loud, but it's really so much fun!

DisneyWFan
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
That's so funny we are a family of 6 2 Adults 3 teens & 1 child & we absolutely loved 1900 Park Fare the was good variety for everyone we did both breakfast & dinner & enjoyed both they had characters you don't see as often which was nice & they interacted with the people really well. A few people on here said they liked cape may we didn't like that at all not the food or the characters. Everyone will have a different opinion so I would recommend trying it for yourself to see what you think.

Scar
01-18-2011, 05:47 PM
A few people on here said they liked cape may we didn't like that at all not the food or the characters.Hmmm... I don't remember characters at Cape May Dinner. :confused:

BugeyedMuggy
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
If you are going for the characters the step mother & sisters were alot of fun.They made the cost worth it. But as far as the food IMHO all 8 of us thought it was less than desireable. Would go for the entertainment but not for the food.

Basket Mommy
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Ive never tried it, she said to book a buffet & picked that. How is the food & atmosphere for adults?

The food is standard American fare - beef, fish, chicken, veggies, desserts. I think it's a little loud, but it is a character dinner, and most of the people at character buffets are children or have them. My husband and I ate there on our honeymoon, and it was fun for us, but we love acting like big kids. I had actually booked it for our upcoming trip, but decided I'd rather have Boma, because we haven't eaten there in a couple of years.

ETA: For some reason I thought you meant for dinner. I have also been for breakfast when Pooh and Mary Poppins were there. Again, it was standard breakfast, but I thought it was a bit quieter and less chaotic than Chef Mickey's, which I consider the loudest and craziest character meal I've ever been to - not because of anything the characters do, but because of the amount of small children running around and the openness of the atrium at the Contemporary. Not my favorite. I've only done it once, way back in 2002.

Basket Mommy
01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Hmmm... I don't remember characters at Cape May Dinner. :confused:

She probably meant breakfast, since Cape May has Donald, Minnie and Goofy at their breakfast and 1900 Park Fare has a character breakfast as well as a character dinner.

Crow
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
thanks, we may try it. i am a big kid...
ive liked Trails End, Boma, & Akershus when it was all u can eat..Germany not as much..
i think its gonna b added to ADRs

GottaLvDisney
01-19-2011, 02:53 PM
We enjoyed it when we were there in 2009. The food was decent, but the interaction w/the step sisters and Lady Tremain was what made it enjoyable.

The only negative was the wait time. We had a 7pm ressie and didn't get seated until after 8:15p. They had a line of people complaining. After the crazy wait, they seated us with our five cranky kids in a back room right next to the door everyone was using to find the restroom. We were less than pleased, but I will say that when I said something and asked to be moved they were very accommodating, and even through in special drinks for the kids.

I don't think this is the norm - just a very off night.

Scar
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
She probably meant breakfast, since Cape May has Donald, Minnie and Goofy at their breakfast and 1900 Park Fare has a character breakfast as well as a character dinner.Ahhh... I see now. Although if the poster was talking about breakfast, then the food would be different. The OP was asking about dinner.

crltkcagle
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
The characters are a lot of fun. The food wasn't all that great. Be warned they will ask you to take a picture in front of a painted castle before you enter the restaurant. You can NOT put this picture on your photopass. They bring it to your table and charge you $30.00 bucks for it. Its two pictures and a paper frame. Wish someone would have warned us ahead of time so I didn't take the picture. You have the option to buy but once I saw it I had to have it. :blush:

As far as character interaction the step sisters ended up fighting over my son and one even gave him a kiss. He refused to wash her lipstick off of his face for the remainder of the day! The step mother was really good! She gave my dh a hard time and he loved it!

ElenitaB
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
We haven't been to 1900 Park Fair in quite a few years, but I do know that they have a new chef (Chef TJ, formerly of 'Ohana). He is pretty amazing and is the Disney master of "special needs" dining (allergies, dietary restrictions, etc.) With all I've heard about the stepsisters and the presence of Chef TJ, 1900 Park Fair is making it back onto our list of places we want to go.

Crow
01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Ok thanks still deciding
she does have a peanut allergy but that shouldnt affect many dishes.