PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for making it special?

BandMan
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
For my 100th post, I thought I'd solicit your suggestions.

DD18 is graduating from high school in may, and we are headed to WDW June 10th - 17th for one last family vacation before she heads off to college. :sob:

We are bringing her best friend, so she'll have the fun of introducing her to the joys of Disney. But ...

I'd like to do something special for my new :grad: . She's a great kid - straight A student, VERY talented musician, great sense of humor, and has been such a great help her whole life helping out her two younger brothers, both of whom have Autism.

Any ideas for something special?

mook3y
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
For my 100th post, I thought I'd solicit your suggestions.

DD18 is graduating from high school in may, and we are headed to WDW June 10th - 17th for one last family vacation before she heads off to college. :sob:

We are bringing her best friend, so she'll have the fun of introducing her to the joys of Disney. But ...

I'd like to do something special for my new :grad: . She's a great kid - straight A student, VERY talented musician, great sense of humor, and has been such a great help her whole life helping out her two younger brothers, both of whom have Autism.

Any ideas for something special?

Disneyflorist (dot) com has gifts you can order to have waiting in the room when you arrive. They have a section ocassions for graduation.

TheVBs
01-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Does she have a favorite restaurant, or a new one she'd like to try? You could book dinner there and get a cake.

Is there a tour she'd like, or maybe the dolphin encounter at Epcot?

Maybe something really girly and silly like the BBB or the tea party?

:mickey:

sassy2000
01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
How about a spa package for her and her friend.

Momto3littlemice
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
I like the pp idea of the spa treatment. Depending on finances, how about a tea at the GF and a spa treatment after or before?

What a nice sentiment. Best wishes for a wonderful trip and good for you for celebrating her!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Balloon ride? Affordable, and really different! :mickey:

forever a child
01-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Tea at the GF, a special photo shoot and of course, Graduate Mickey Ears! :mickey:

BandMan
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
These are all great ideas. The graduate mickey ears are a must-do.

Where is there a spa and how :spend: is it? I love her, but not THAT much... ;)

Also, what does the tea party serve other than tea? We are LDS (Mormon), so no tea.

LVT
01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Segway tours are for over 16 only. If you can sign the permission paperwork for the friend it might be an adult only thing they could do.

kemps@wdw
01-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Graduation Mickey Ears, parasailing (if she's adventurous) and the Keys Tour (if she's interested in seeing "behind the scenes" @ WDW).

Fastpasssteve
01-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Let your daughter and her friend have lunch at Chefs de France. They have the cutest waiters in WDW. Devastatingly handsome. They could spend the afternoon flirting in a safe environment...all for a big tip. Awesome.

forever a child
01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
These are all great ideas. The graduate mickey ears are a must-do.

Where is there a spa and how :spend: is it? I love her, but not THAT much... ;)

Also, what does the tea party serve other than tea? We are LDS (Mormon), so no tea.

I just sent you a PM with a link to another site with the menu for the tea party. There look to be a lot of options and I hear it is quite filling.

BandMan
01-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas.

:rocks:

johnO
01-22-2011, 01:22 PM
The behind the scenes tour would be very special!

And keep your daughter away from Chefs de France!!! I ate there with my DW, DD, mom and aunt and they were all in love with our waiter, Jean Christophe! :D