PDA

View Full Version : Figment

plutosnana
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
do you think figment in Epcot will stay for a long time? I love the ride, I think its so cute, but does anyone think it will last? Or vice-versa?

:goofy:

Laughin' place
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM
It's great when everyone agrees (tho it helps when one is the first to post ;) )
I think the current ride is nowhere near as good as the original, but is better than the last attempt. It could be SO much more, but probably wont be without major sponsor dollars.
That being said, I think the lil guy is way to popular to vanish over the long run. Too many of us love him, regardless of what happens to the attraction.:figment:

JPL
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I think the character is here to stay especially since Imagineering adopted him as their mascot. As for the ride I really can't say if it will stay or go. Hopefully they will update and bring it back closer to the original.

PopPhan
01-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I answered based on the character, not the ride!! I do believe that Figment! should stay in Epcot in some form, but the ride could do for a major rehab/retheme in the near future. There are many things they could do with the ride and Figment! to show the powers of your imagination that would be not so juvenile, yet appeal to the youngest of children as well as adults.

mook3y
01-18-2011, 01:31 PM
we never had the chance to see the original, but my kids really like the ride.

crltkcagle
01-18-2011, 07:47 PM
I can't imagine Epcot without Figment! :figment:

mainemajor
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Love Figment. Don't love the ride as it is now. It is beter than the second version, but not as good as the first. The original was corney but it explained who/how figment came into being. That is what made my DS love him so much, so many years ago.

MyDisneyworld
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
This is a must ride for us every trip so hopefully it will stay. The kids giggle so loud at the skunk jackpot..............