PDA

View Full Version : Regis is retiring...

Melanie
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Who would you like to see take his place?

Could this be the end of Jeff Propst on Survivor? I've always heard he'd love this job.

VWL Mom
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
If they are keeping the show & Kelly, Anderson Cooper may be another choice. I don't watch the show that much anymore but they use to interact well together.

TysMomTink
01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
My vote would be for Jeff Probst. I like their chemistry. I think Anderson Cooper does a great job too but I think he's a little too "serious" to commit to a 5-day a week gig on Live. He's got a lot going on.

RockinRobin
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Pat Sajak is my vote. His interactions with Kelly are a lot like her and Regis. I don't think Jeff or Anderson could keep up for a long period they work for shorter stints.

Scar
01-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Who would you like to see take his place? John Yaglenski

DisneyGiant
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
I really would love to see Neil Patrick Harris.

I would be really disappointed if it was:

Jeff Probst - not a survivor fan
Anderson Cooper - can't see him leaving news
Pat Sajak - just UGH

Yes - it to be Neil or someone else for me to watch! ;)

When they replaced Kathie Lee - they used ABC talent to replace her. Is there someone currently on ABC's payroll that would fit the bill?

Though - there really is no replacing Regis. :(

I met him back when he first came back to NYC - he was cohosting with Cyndy Garvey then. He was so nice - when he found out we were in college - asked us all our majors, was genuinely interested.

RAIDER
01-19-2011, 03:50 AM
As an outsider ive watched them when i have visited florida and many years ago i thought they were really funny and entertaining ...Infact they stole the concept in England with an older guy and younger lady with the same type of show

However Kelly now just seems to over talk Regis

This year in Dec regis & kelly had Robert De Niro on ,and i am sorry to say the interview was totally embarrassing ...They have a great actor on like that, to which you could pose so many questions and all Regis did was harp on about was a non speaking part he had with De Niro for 3/4 of the interview and Kelly twittering on .... DeNiro looked embarrassed and it was obvious he could not wait to get away .

Sorry both of them have had their day ...I would get a new team altogether ....

But the question on who should take over ...

Get The HassleHOFF !!! now that would be entertaining :D:beer::beer::beer:

MNNHFLTX
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Get The HassleHOFF !!! now that would be entertaining :D:beer::beer::beer:Doubtful, considering how quickly his recent reality show tanked.

I wouldn't mind if Jeff Probst or Anderson Cooper were to take over co-hosting duties, but I think that's unlikely too, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they follow the same course as they did when replacing Kathie Lee with Kelly, and have a series of "audition" shows with potential co-hosts. It may turn out to be someone totally off the radar.

Carol
01-20-2011, 07:29 AM
It's about time he retired and spent time for himself and family.

Love Regis -- but I'm not a Kelly fan and haven't watched since she joined.

I'll be content seeing Regis on Letterman from time to time. :)