PDA

View Full Version : AP Burning A Hole In Your Pocket?

Goofy4TheWorld
01-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Just bored and wandering if anyone else experiences the same uncontrollable thought process as me.

The fact that I have APs good through June 2011 is just killing me! Every few days (or hours if I am being honest) it occurs to me that the tickets are paid for and all we need is room & food money.

There is NO way I would actually even want to take another trip after being fortunate enough to take 3 in 2010, but just knowing that I have free admission really drives me nuts. :crazy:

My wife and I actually let the AP-burning-a-hole-in-our-pocket disease convince us to take an unscheduled trip between our two scheduled trips, so this disease of mine has already struck once.

Anyone else as crazy as me about having an AP for 5 more months with no trip to use it on?

WDWfanatic742
01-18-2011, 03:15 AM
I've wanted to scrounge up enough money to get an AP after having one a few years ago that my parents bought. Being old enough now I've driven up with friends for day trips over the past year or two by living so close and it's cool being up there for the day and then coming back at night.

DizneyRox
01-18-2011, 07:44 AM
No, I just got the AP for admission days on our trip. When I renewed, it was a 18 month renewal, and we decided on our last trip (because of our last trip) that we wouldn't be back to WDW in the near future.

We're cruisin for our vacation this year, and I'm really looking forward to that.

kakn7294
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
We purchased APs in August with the intent to use them again for a trip in July. I wasn't even home 24 hrs from that August trip with my AP and it was burning a hole in my pocket! I planned a trip by the end of that week - we leave tomorrow!

sassafras
01-18-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm with you there! Just booked our third trip in a year to get maximum use (for us) out of our APs.
Now I just have to count the days until the end of April and then suffer until August to go back!

slegrant
01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Growing up in Florida I have had an AP since I was a kid. Now 39 my wife and three kids still have annual passes even though we live in Texas and come twice a year we still end up fitting in a surprise trip for the kids each year! I love our AP's:mickey:

KylesMom
01-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Yep, we've got A/Ps burning holes in each of our pockets in my family - not used since last August. With the weather and the winter blah's overtaking everyone, I would give anything to hop on down to Disney for a week. However, I start thinking about our budget and my whole pipe dream comes apart. Guess we have to wait until July 10th after all! :(

Melanie
01-18-2011, 09:35 AM
It's always burning a hole in our pockets! :mickey:

disneymom15
01-18-2011, 09:44 AM
It's always burning a hole in our pockets! :mickey:

Same here!

BellesRose
01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
This was my last year for getting an AP, and it expires in April. I haven't been since November because someone is always sick. Every weekend that goes by without a short drive to Disney is just another weekend closer to expiration :unsure:

VWL Mom
01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I keep looking at my AP and the 44 extra points I have sitting there and keeping dreaming about a quick trip by myself. Problem is, I think my family would disown me. :D

Not2Loud
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
The years I have had an AP it always gets me as I am only a 7 hour drive or 1 hour flight away!

I typically have business that takes me down there so get to use it if even only for a few hours!

Nothing like getting up in the morning and hitting a park and then heading to the airport.

badkitty
01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
My AP expires tomorrow and no real trip in site. :( I can't really justify renewing because it costs so much for airfare from CA and it really takes two trips in a year to make it worth while. I'm driving to DLR next week for the 3-day hopper deal and the idea of getting the new WDW/DLR premier pass is tempting. The reasonable voice in my head says I can't afford it. She really annoys me sometimes...

forever a child
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
The fact that I have APs good through June 2011 is just killing me! Every few days (or hours if I am being honest) it occurs to me that the tickets are paid for and all we need is room & food money.

This is why I can not have an AP....it would drive me nuts!:unsure: