PDA

View Full Version : Date a refurbed ride opens??

Dsnygirl
01-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Just a quick question for anyone who might know -- when a ride is down for refurb, does it re-open the day the refurb is scheduled to "end", or the next day?

Splash Mtn is scheduled to be down until Jan 31st.... and our trip ends the 31st. So, just wondering if there is any chance it might be re-opening the 31st (as I'm not being picked up by ME 'til 4pm...) or if it won't open 'til Feb 1st. :fingers:

:thanks:

WDWfanatic742
01-17-2011, 09:32 PM
It is scheduled to open on the 1st then. You can always swing by to see if it has opened early, but usually attractions under refurb stay closed until it is scheduled to re-open. Rarely do they do any previews unless they added something new to the ride and they need to test it out with guests...

BklynChick
01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Don't want to get your hopes up, but we faced the same situation with IASW in October. It was due to re-open the day we were leaving. However, I knew we would be in MK the day before, so I held out some hope. Sure enough, they reopened it! It was unannounced and "off the grid" (wait times not posted) but it was running.