PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for WDW 2011

GrumpyFan
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
We already know what's slated for the next couple of years for MK, and even what's on tap next for DHS with Star Tours 2.0, but after listening to the latest Intercot podcast (ep. 7), I was wondering what other's predictions might be.

My prediction/hope is that Animal Kingdom will get some much needed attention in the form of a new attraction. Not counting Wild Animal Trek, which just opened and requires a separate fee which really makes it like a tour, the park hasn't gotten anything new since Expedition Everest in 2007.

JPL
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
I really think the Monsters Inc Coaster will finally get the green light for DHS so the timing is right for Monsters Inc 2

GrumpyFan
02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm really surprised nobody wants to take a stab at this.

JPL, I like your enthusiasm, but can't see them starting this unless the can get a major sponsor. In fact, I really think this project is dead, at least for now.

In retrospect, I'm going to revise my prediction/hope for 2011. With the exception of ST 2.0 for DHS, I don't expect to see much more except maybe some new or re-hashed summer-time events like last year (Electric parade & fireworks). However, from everything I've seen and heard about ST 2.0, it seems to be shaping up to be a pretty significant upgrade. So, maybe it will provide the bump they need to pull some traffic away from HP at Uni.

MOJoe
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Due to the ride variations and multiple destinations designed into Star Tours 2, this should replace Midway Mania with Star Wars Mania. I expect the line for ST 2 to begin in the Ewok forest for the first time in years. :ewok:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-04-2011, 02:10 AM
I really hope that they add a CARS ride. I know that they are in the process of making a CARS land in Disneyland, but I think that WDW needs one too.

There also needs to be a character dining with some of the more boy-friendly characters (eg. Captain Jack, Darth Vader, Buzz, Woody etc) to counteract all of the Princess stuff. Wouldn't a Star Wars character dining tie in well with the revamped Star Tours? Could you imagine eating in The Cantina with the band and an animatronic & interactive Jabba the Hut... that would pull me away from HP at IoA!! :mickey:

antngoof89
02-04-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't know that a Star Wars land would be a good idea in HS. I do, however, like the idea of doing a restaurant like the Cantina, that'd be awesome. I, like the poster above, do think the Monster's Inc. Coaster will finally get green lit. There has been lots of posts on different Disney Discussion boards with people hearing construction going on at the site where the ride is rumored to be placed when green lit. With this being WDW's 40th, I really do think that there will be lots of projects green lit, but not completed until the 50th anniversary or a benchmark year coming up for the company as a whole.

In 2011, I think Monster's INC gets green lit, something more "boy like" in frontierland just because Bog Iger is reacting so heavily off of the publics opinions, another country green lit in EPCOT, and I think something in AK will be in the works. I am just wishing hopefully however and have no inside source to say I'm accurate on any of this, these are just things I wouldn't be surprised to hear WDW work on since it is what the public seems to want.

jimsgal05
02-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I too would like to see more dining with buzzz and woody or darth or Capt. Jack.. or even peter pan and capt Hook... i don't have boys but yes agree there is very little other than "mickey"..which is greta . I would love to see a star wars Cantina with troopers and darth and Han..
well I also would love to see something new a AK. too.

wouldn't you just love to work for them and say hey this is what the quest are asking for...

well that's all from me

giroux28
02-04-2011, 11:38 AM
...another country green lit in EPCOT...

Hmmm, Australia or Russia perhaps?

Dulcee
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Hmmm, Australia or Russia perhaps?

The rumors floating online seem to say Spain. However, I'd take that all with a grain of salt..

CU Tiger
02-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I would like the Indy speedway to be changed to a Cars theme. It would be fun to drive a "mattor" car around the track.:mickey:

SuzieBell
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I would like the Indy speedway to be changed to a Cars theme. It would be fun to drive a "mattor" car around the track.:mickey:

ME too! I've been saying that for years!(To myself!) I liked the speedway back in the day, but Cars would be awesome! MY DS11 thinks it's boring now! He says it too slow and hard to push the pedals!

giroux28
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
The rumors floating online seem to say Spain. However, I'd take that all with a grain of salt..

This will probably be taken wrong by many people but I will preface it with the statement that I am no way putting down any cultures.

I understand that Spain is a great country with incredible culture, but why not go with a country that has a totally different feel. Australia would be far and away different than any other country in WS.

Dulcee
02-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I understand that Spain is a great country with incredible culture, but why not go with a country that has a totally different feel.

I agree. It would be nice to see something totally different. I had heard talk on occasion of Russia or Israel, both of which would be pretty unique.

johnO
02-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I predict that nothing new will come to WDW in 2011. (other than those things already know i e ST 2.0)

Ian
02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
JPL, I like your enthusiasm, but can't see them starting this unless the can get a major sponsor. In fact, I really think this project is dead, at least for now.I don't really agree with this. To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing really "sponsored" in the Studios. Sponsored attractions seem limited primarily to MK and Epcot (and even those are fading fast).

Not saying the coaster is coming or not coming ... just that I don't think sponsorship enters into the equation at all.

I think what we'll see in 2011 is some more announcements of new stuff, but nothing new actually arriving. I expect some more announcements about new stuff for Fantasyland (and possibly other MK additions), as well as at least one new attraction for Epcot and the Studios.

finaldynasty
02-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I would like to see a Pixar dining experience...Sully, Remy, Woody, Flick, Buzz, etc. There are endless combos that would satisfy boys and girls. I would also like to see a new ride at AK as well.

But sadly I don't think anything will happen until Fantasyland is done...

Victor Kelly
02-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Personally there are a few countries in WS I would like to see. Egypt, Australia, Greece, and Russia.

As for everything else, I would love to see new attractions in every park. IN MK we have the new Fantasyland expansion. The stunt show in the studios for Indiana Jones still packs people in, but it is old, and has had some of the best elements eliminated even though they were small. EPCOT is doing ok, but Wonders of Life needs to be refurbed and replaced. Odessey Restaurant needs to be re-opened and rethemed. AK, fix the Yeti already and add another e-ticket.

The Cantina dining is a very very good idea, and I would be eating there if it was done.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-05-2011, 10:56 PM
I know my nephew would love more Star Wars anything. And he's only 7.
As for Harry Potter? I wasn't all that impressed with it.

ransam
02-06-2011, 01:52 AM
My prediction is more fun, more magic, more laughs!

teamblackwell
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Personally there are a few countries in WS I would like to see. Egypt, Australia, Greece, and Russia.

Egypt would be great, CM riots on the half hour.
Just kiding

Hebbynan
02-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Personally, I would like to see Phinneas and Ferb out and about for pics and autographs more often!!! P&F is very popular right now, you'd think we'd see more of them. And like others have been saying - they are more 'boy friendly' than some of the other characters. Maybe even doing something P&F specific in HS would be awesome!! *sounds dangerous would be a good place*

Jared
02-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't really agree with this. To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing really "sponsored" in the Studios. Sponsored attractions seem limited primarily to MK and Epcot (and even those are fading fast).

Not saying the coaster is coming or not coming ... just that I don't think sponsorship enters into the equation at all.

I think what we'll see in 2011 is some more announcements of new stuff, but nothing new actually arriving. I expect some more announcements about new stuff for Fantasyland (and possibly other MK additions), as well as at least one new attraction for Epcot and the Studios.
I am feeling pretty hopeful these days about the Monsters, Inc., coming to the Studios. It won't open for several years, but I think Disney may officially announce the project in 2011. Maybe I'm being naive.

As for Epcot, I hope you're right, Ian. It has so many needs, particularly in Future World.

There are so many rumors floating around these days about a Tron-themed coaster in Tomorrowland. I sincerely hope Disney leaves Magic Kingdom as it is now that the Fantasyland expansion is underway and give the other three parks the care they desperately need and deserve.

BluewaterBrad
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM
My prediction is more fun, more magic, more laughs!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! "Hanes" is the sponser for the RnRC by the way.:mickey:

BellesRose
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
There are so many rumors floating around these days about a Tron-themed coaster in Tomorrowland. I sincerely hope Disney leaves Magic Kingdom as it is now that the Fantasyland expansion is underway and give the other three parks the care they desperately need and deserve.
I cannot see a Tron-anything. The monorail just puzzles me. Heck, the preview for the movie puzzles me.

PopPhan
02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Prediction (after seeing first quarter financial report) : Fewer and cheaper discounts, more generic merchandise, and cut-backs all around.

Lightning McQueen
02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Prediction (after seeing first quarter financial report) : Fewer and cheaper discounts, more generic merchandise, and cut-backs all around.

You must be real fun at a party.

DizneyRox
02-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I predict a drastic decline in Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana sales at AK.

DNS
02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Not counting Wild Animal Trek, which just opened and requires a separate fee which really makes it like a tour, the park hasn't gotten anything new since Expedition Everest in 2007.
What is Wild Animal Trek? I haven't heard of it.

sportsguy2315
02-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Or how about Russia as a WS country?
"Hey kids, let's go see the REAL Haunted Mansion!" :D

Seriously though, Epcot and AK need some love and attention. Future World, especially JIYI and UoE need love and AK needs another D or E ticket. A friend of mine did EE, the Safari and Tough to Be a Bug and was out in an hour. Not what you want Disney.

CaptainSad
02-11-2011, 02:57 PM
The only thing I predict is long lines. Wishing something new for one of the parks for this year other then what is in the works won't happen. New coasters, new lands, new themes will take over a year to plan and build. So don't get your hopes for this year to see a coaster other then the Dwarfs and I don't think that will be up and running this year.. As for a new country at EPCOT. Not going to happen this year or next. First they need the OK from host country to even consider it. Then the planning and then the two years to build it. And in Future World same thing. All you can do right now is to wait and see..

caryrae
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I think they will make an "Angry Birds" attraction where the guests are slingshot into wooden/stone structures. :)

ransam
02-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I would love to see some sort of "tribute" to some of Walt's older films....