PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name ?

micky95
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
i enjoy reading all the post on intercot. i've gained a lot of info from fellow members and i thank you for it .but i'm curious about your intercot name.why you chose it,is there a story behind it. some are quite unusual. my is simply my name,micky ( really thats whats on my birth certificate, also the only reason my dw married me LOL ) and the year of my first trip 95 :mickey:dgf now dw took me. share your story and have a magical day.

Ian
01-17-2011, 05:57 PM
My username has a very in depth back story ...

It's my first name.

The End.

:mickey:

Melanie
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM

It's my first name.

The End.

:ditto:

SandmanGStefani24
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
ok, here goes...

I was (well still am I suppose) a huge Metallica fan, and took Sandman from "Enter Sandman".
As for GStefani, I took that from the woman of my dreams (the Mrs and I have and understanding about it lol) Gwen Stefani. The 24 is my favorite Nascar driver's number, Jeff Gordon.

So, I basically took 3 of my biggest interests and ran them together. :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
01-17-2011, 06:33 PM
My name. Well, nickname. :)

rubato
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Mine means stolen time in italian musical terminology. It's the name of my boat, because that's where I go to steal time.

22ridesandtheTOL
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Some years back my college roomate and I went to all four parks in one day. We rode 22 rides and wandered about the Tree of Life. Hence....22ridesandtheTOL.

I will admit that we both pretty much melted down after the Movie Ride at the Studios, but soldered on to finish our agenda before going back to fall over at the Boardwalk Inn. Heh.

KeriWDE
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
My first name is Keri

The "WDE" part is related to my beloved Auburn University and our battle cry during games, "War Eagle". Between Auburn fans and alum, it has transformed into a salutation, much like "aloha".

The "D" part is not family friendly, but you can guess.

War Eagle, baby!

Ian
01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Mine means stolen time in italian musical terminology. It's the name of my boat, because that's where I go to steal time.I love that ... I may shamelessly steal it for our boat, which is as-yet unnamed. ;)

tundramom
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
My DD and our late Alaskan malamute (Tundra) were babies together, the little boy next door was 4 at the time and referred to me as Alexsmom or Tundramom depending on the day.

UCJen
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Mine is a combination of the university where I attend grad school (and graduating from in June) and my first name.

Not terribly creative, I'm afraid.

GBBT
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
GBBT...Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.One of the greatest Disney songs.As a kid in the 70's my parents took my 2 sisters and myself to Disey World a few times and I remember the COP in that time and it amazed me:D. Went back to the World in 1994(at least 18 years later).Spent the most time at MK and rekindled that love for COP and broght back those childhood memories.Always have to see it everytime we go back...make it a point to see it.:cloud9:

mainemajor
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
State I'm from and name. No deep thinking for me.

forever a child
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I feel like mine is pretty self explanatory....at least when I am at WDW I get to be "forever a child" :mickey:

EpcotFan182
01-17-2011, 09:40 PM
"EpcotFan" = Epcot is my favorite park!

"1" = Epcot is by #1 favorite Disney park! (redundant I know ;-)

"82" = the year Epcot opened

Stu29573
01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Stu is my name (well, nickname, I suppose) and 29573 is my National Association of Rocketry membership number. :thumbsup: By the way, I built a killer flying TWA Moonliner (brag, brag)

lettripp
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Mine is just a play on my first, middle and last name that I've used forever... but after reading all of your posts I don't think it is nearly creative enough for this message board!

Plex
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Mine is such a high concentration of nerdyness that cool people need to wear special gloves to handles it....

It's actually a shortened version of "Plexing." This is actually a fairly obscure bit of Star Trek lore. "Plexing" is a Betazoid relaxation technique that Deanna Troi teaches to Reg Barclay in one of the earlier episodes of Next Generation.

Why, you ask, is this in any way relevant to anything?

You see I also happened to play the Star Trek Collectible Card Game many years ago. Plexing happens to be a card from that game - and a pretty terrible one at that. It ended up in a tournament deck of mine as a joke and actually ended up winning a game for me. Naturally a win off of something that because the stuff of legend in my very nerdy circle of friends and it ended up sticking...

Since then Plex has been my handle for pretty much anything that requires a pseudonym.

IDreamofEeyore
01-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I Dream of Eeyore. LOL. I guess Freud would have a few things to say about that!

Dragongirlx
01-18-2011, 05:38 AM
mine is because I have always loved dragons and stories about dragons ever since I was a little girl, I even have a rather large dragon tatto on my arm. The x is because whenever I pick this username someone always seems to have beaten me to it so I add the x as so I can have the name.

mook3y
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
mine is from a nickname I was given about 15 years ago by a friend/coworker/bestman.

We were friends before we started working together in the mid 90's. After we started working together, we moved in together to a house and His little kids always called me Mikey. In that same time period, we were 5 - 10 minutes from Disneyland and I talked them into annual passes. Shortly after that, he came up with mookey (he didn't think Mickey was a good nickname, but mookey was close) and boy did it stick. Countless coworkers and friends call me mookey now.

The 3 in my come from being a computer geek. I use M00k3y as my "handle". In homage to my geek background, I tossed a 3 in for here. :)

Dulcee
01-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Dulce is "sweet" in spanish. It was also the spanish nickname I used through all my spanish classes in school. The extra "e" was something my first spanish teacher made me tag on because Dulce was not a true spanish name and for some reason the extra "e" made her more comfortable with it lol

Disney4us2
01-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Disney4us2: It is DD and me, we love Disney are always at Disneyland:mickey:. So it is Disney for us two. It is also my email address.... Disney4ustwo@.........

Laughin' place
01-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Ian-
I was really hoping that the backstory was a tragic tale from your childhood, and was delivered in song.

My dad loved the Remus stories and Song of the South. Our epic family vacations were his laughin place, and WDW is mine. Even when I cant be in my laughin place, intercot and other outlets let me go there, if only for a moment or two.

princessgirls
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
When I joined in July of 2005, my girls were little, and dreamed of meeting the Princesses!

Thus the name, Princessgirls! Not too original, but that's my story...

Fun Topic!

Julie:mickey:

ftwildernesskid
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Mine is because as a child, we always stayed at Ft. Wilderness. I have so many happy memories of the campground...almost more than the actual park..then only MK.

finaldynasty
01-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Mine is the name I was given when I pledged my fraternity. My line was the last line to cross (i.e. be initiated) in the last millennium. I am a member of the oldest black fraternity and this was a significant event.

BandMan
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm a high school band director. My first trip to WDW was with 80 high school kids. One of my proudest moments, personal and professional, was marching down mainstreet with the castle behind us and having my kids high-step around the circle with the flagpole. It was awesome.
:flute: :play: :tuba: :drum:

princessjojo
01-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Mine came from something my dad used to always tell me and my sisters while growing up. He would say, especially when we were sad or having a bad day, that girls are special and should always be treated as such--like a princess and we were his princesses. Jo was my middle name and for a couple years, when my youngest sister would call me, she would call me princessjojo. Guess he took it or something similiar, from the movie The Littlest Princess.

I remind my husband of this all the time, and a good part of the time, he treats me this way as well. Yes, I am spoiled, and I like it that way...

roses
01-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Great topic!!! Loved reading everyones responses!

Mine is very simple. My nickname is Rose and one of our family friends has called me Roses since I was little. :)

AHOTE
01-19-2011, 01:00 AM
AHOTE is a Hopi name meaning restless one. I had a teacher way back in elementary school tell me that I was an Ahote and I never forgot it. Still can't figure out why! :bolt:

rubato
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I love that ... I may shamelessly steal it for our boat, which is as-yet unnamed. ;)

Go for it! As long as you aren't in the Kansas City area, I don't think our boats will ever meet. ;)

garymacd
01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I thought long and hard about my board name, but since I don't really have an active imagination, I chose my first name and part of my last name.

Oh, my brain hurts from all that thinking.

Scar
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
It's my name... although I could never understand how Disney got the spelling wrong. :confused:

Magic Smiles
01-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Mine comes from the fact that WDW is the most magically place on earth and it always makes me smile.:mickey:

jennbunn
01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Mine came from my nickname is jen and no one can say my last name right so I always get called mrs.Bunn. by strangers so I just roll with it : )

IloveJack
01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
I am, and will most-likely always be, a Johnny Depp fan (my DH completely understands this, and is okay with it :D). My favorite Disney movie(s) is the PotC trilogy. It also happens to be my favorite ride in the MK. So, put those two together, and "I love Jack."

Ed
01-24-2011, 10:12 AM

It's my first name.

The End.

:ditto: :D

garymacd
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I am, and will most-likely always be, a Johnny Depp fan (my DH completely understands this, and is okay with it :D). My favorite Disney movie(s) is the PotC trilogy. It also happens to be my favorite ride in the MK. So, put those two together, and "I love Jack."

I happen to be in the same boat (pardon the pun, but it was intended) as your DH. my beloved wife is so in love with that scoundrel that she has her own Johnny Depp website. She even named our little dog Jack.

What the heck; it keeps her out of trouble!

PirateLover
01-27-2011, 07:13 PM

It's my first name.

The End.

Now now.... you guys didn't ALWAYS go by your first names! We can never forget the days of WDWacky, Melanears, and TiggTigg5!

As for me... Splash Mountain is my fave ride and I tried a few variations on that but they were all taken, so I switched to Pirate since PoTC is another fave of mine. I guess people just automatically associate pirates with guys because people always seem to think I'm a dude, so now I have my real name in my sig :)

IloveDisney71
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Mine is pretty simple: I love Disney

It is my favorite plce to visit!!!

The 71 stands for 1971 - the year the Magic Kingdom opened in WDW & it's the year I was born.

RedSoxFan
01-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I am a HUGE Red Sox fan!! If I knew how to change it to my first name; then I would.

TheMartellFamily
01-30-2011, 03:00 PM
My DH went out of the box for ours. :D

Jared
02-01-2011, 05:32 PM
What Ed said.

I miss WDWacky, myself.

squijee
03-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Mine is the name of my puppy. A male hairless Chinese Crested.:pluto:

Carol
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
My name is Carol. :D

I used to go by PolyGirl40. That was before DVC and of course --- I'm long from 40 now.

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Although I do love Mickey, my name is not an homage to him, but to dear Minnie in her fabulous flowered hat. She is the original Mickey's Girl!

TheMartellFamily
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
My huband thought outside the box on ours. We are the The Martell Family.

brownie
03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
brownie comes from my 6th grade nickname. One of our teachers gave out nicknames to everyone but couldn't come up with one for me. My last name is Brown, so Brownie became my nickname.

Ramblingman
03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I have used Ramblingman for most every login name since I first joined the internet. it's a triple threat.

1. It's a play on my last name

2. I have been known to ramble, from time to time.

3. From the song by the Allman Brothers. In high school a girl who had a crush on me bought me the album. That was a good summer.