PDA

View Full Version : When is your FAVORITE time to visit WDW?

forever a child
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
I did this poll last year....and really enjoyed seeing the posts and results....so I thought I would re-do the poll and see if it helps anyone with their 2011/12 WDW trip planning.

Please post What month you choose and WHY you chose it.

My answer has changed since I first did the poll. My new answer is December. I really LOVED being in WDW for the holidays. I can't imagine NOT being there now:( We went the 12-18 and it was decent crowds to do all that we wanted with a little planning. The only disappointment for us was the cold weather. But hey, it's Christmas....so I guess that just added to the effect. I hope to visit during this time again though and only have to wear t-shirts and jeans or shorts! ;)

ibrowse17
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Love going in mid December. Not as crowded as later in the month, and by then all of the park and resort decorations are up.:thumbsup:

AllDisney
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
We go the first or second week in December. We love the decorations and the crowds are very manageable. The weather is questionable this time of year but we plan ahead for the warm or cold weather and go with the flow:thumbsup:

cajunprincess
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
I choose October because the weather was perfect! It was a little rainy, but not enough to keep me inside away from parks. I also LOVED Mickey's Not So Scarry Halloween Party!

exvagirl
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Jersey week all the way! This was our first time going that week and even though it was a little crowded, it was great! Great weather, hardly any wait times, and we got to see the Halloween AND Chirstmas decorations, all in one trip! (they were doing the transitions the whole time, one day MK was pumpkins, the next it was trees and lights!!!) :mickey:

disneymom15
01-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I voted for Dec because I love all the decorations. Hard to pick just one. Also like, Jan/Feb-low crowds, nice break from winter and Sept.

scottgr
01-17-2011, 02:46 PM
OCT is the best. The weather is not to hot and not to cold and the Halloween party is awesome:thumbsup:.

gardenia
01-17-2011, 02:55 PM
We live 4 hours from the World. We take 6-7 short trips a year and like to go in:

January
February
May
June
September
October
November
December

Forget March, April, July and August. Too crowded.

JabberJaws
01-17-2011, 03:07 PM
I prefer the first week of December. Typically, crowds are down b/c people don't want to take vaca time right after thanksgiving and that far before Christmas. Also, the Christmas decor is up at all the parks and the weather is usually VERY nice (though it can get cold).

I find that February and early May are good times to go as well.

I used to love to go around Halloween but this is a much busier time now than it used to be.

forever a child
01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Just a FYI,

When I first did this poll (It was back in 2009) the results were....

First place ~ May
Second place ~ October
Third place was a tie ~ September and December

We'll see how thing have changed for 2011!

buzznwoodysmom
01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
I voted for Nov. We tend to go every other year for Thanksgiving and its one of our favorite times to be in WDW. However, early June is a very, very close second. We've been in June every year for the past three years and have made some wonderful memories then as well. We like for it to be warm enough to swim often and in Nov. you just never know. In June we feel like its more of a vacation since we have something to do when we leave the parks for a break. We tend to have more down time and its just a more relaxing vacation. But I think Nov., the Christmas holidays in general, are still our favorite time to visit.

forever a child
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
:bump:

Granny Jill A
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
I've gone in every month except March and April. I would love to go in October, but the crowds and prices are too much.

I've switched to the 1st or 2nd week of November because the weather is still fairly nice and the crowds haven't reached maximum capacity. The downside is there are few decorations up, and the park hours are shortened.

Oh well.... life is a series of trade-offs.

joonyer
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Our favorite is October. Not too hot, but still plenty warm enough to enjoy the water parks, and crowds were very manageable compared to summer months.

mook3y
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM
So far May for us.

But.. We REALLY want to go in early December within the next couple of years.

luvdiznee
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I voted for October. Between the Food & Wine Festival :eat::wine: and Halloween with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party :mpumpkin: how can you go wrong. And when the weather cooperates :sun: things are just so much better. :mickey:

finaldynasty
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Lately, we have only gone in June. We will take our first holiday trip in December, so that might become my favorite month. Even as a kids we normally went to the parks in june. It programmed me.

forever a child
01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
So far...
1st Place - Dec
2nd - October
3rd - November
4th - September
5th - May

What a difference a couple of years makes!

Mitzie
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Oct for us..weather is usually nice and we LOVE the FWF.

Hull-onian
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
We go in October because the crowds aren't as great. You can still go swimming. DTD isn't crowded either. The temperature is always just right. Even if it rains, it doesn't get cold. Animal Kingdom is more comfortable to walk around in. All around, it's a great time of year.:mickey:

caryrae
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
We like end of Sept sometimes into Oct. Like being there when the F&WF and MNSSHP are going on at the same time.

jensantuit
01-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Our favorite time has to be the end of September. We love the warm weather and the low crowds. The Halloween party is our favorite of the after hours parties. :mickey:

forever a child
01-23-2011, 03:28 PM
We like end of Sept sometimes into Oct. Like being there when the F&WF and MNSSHP are going on at the same time.

Our favorite time has to be the end of September. We love the warm weather and the low crowds. The Halloween party is our favorite of the after hours parties. :mickey:

This will be our first time visiting during this time. Last week of Sept into Oct. Since Oct 1st starts on a Saturday....we are stuck with visiting Epcot and F&WF during the very first weekend....I am worried it will be extremely busy! :confused: But that is what works for us...so we will just have to wait and see how it goes.

AHOTE
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I voted for October. Between the Food & Wine Festival :eat::wine: and Halloween with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party :mpumpkin: how can you go wrong. And when the weather cooperates :sun: things are just so much better. :mickey:

:ditto:

forever a child
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM
So far......

October & December are tied for first place
November is in second place
September is in third place.

There are 5 more days to Vote

EeyoresBestFriend
01-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I am really surprised at those poll results.

I had no idea more people liked the Fall than the Spring!! I definitely will file this info for when I plan my trips!! :D

forever a child
01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
2 more days to Vote for your favorite month.

Thus far....

1st Place - Dec :tree:
2nd Place - Oct :mpumpkin: :wine:
3rd Place Tied Sept & Nov :turkey:

BellesRose
01-27-2011, 01:38 PM
I chose September because we would go for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Night Of Joy in the past. Technically, October would be my favorite, though I don't go in October much. I just love Halloween! I also like going in November, December, January, and February because of the cooler temps.

forever a child
01-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Last day to vote!

brownie
01-29-2011, 03:19 PM
When it's at it's cheapest and less crowded. Just after Thanksgiving is good.