PDA

View Full Version : June 14-22 2011

mamamarie
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
We are thinking of booking at POP for this week. I know some schools in the north are still not out so thought that parks might not be as busy as they will in late June and July. Anyone go during this time? How are the crowds?

MarkC
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm guessing most schools around the country are out. You're only 2 weeks from the 4th of July and this will be a very, very busy time at Disney. You can still go and have a great time by getting up early and using fastpass, etc. However, I will tell you up front it will be very hot and very crowded.

Do you have the ability to go later in August? Its still very hot but the crowds are much lower as most schools have gone back, and fall activities have brought kids back home. That's an alternative if you are looking for one.

mamamarie
01-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I am a teacher in the south so I will be back to school in late August already. We are out the end of May but my daughter has a dance recital plus I have parents who are hoping to join us for our trip so we are stuck to that week unfortunately.
BTW, my husband and I went on our honeymoon back in 2000 the week following the 4th and we did not find it very busy at all.

forever a child
01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I am a teacher in the south so I will be back to school in late August already. We are out the end of May but my daughter has a dance recital plus I have parents who are hoping to join us for our trip so we are stuck to that week unfortunately.
BTW, my husband and I went on our honeymoon back in 2000 the week following the 4th and we did not find it very busy at all.

We have gone in June once. It will be busy but if this is the only time you can go....then you will just have to plan accordingly. I didn't think June was as busy as April during spring break and I am sure it is not as busy as some of the major holidays. I do remember afternoon showers popping up. Some times they were very short and other times they lingered on....so you will need to plan for that. As I remember, we really enjoyed our time in June...I don't think it is as hot or humid as later on in the year. I think it gets worse around end of July or Aug when everyone tries to cram a trip in before school starts. For us....sports continues until end of July...so if other summer sports programs are similar...then it would prevent others from trips until late July early aug too (which would be good for you!)