PDA

View Full Version : Countdown To Fun Parade Review (Begins 1/16/2011)

DizneyFreak2002
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
The new DHS parade: Countdown to Fun started today... Video online... easy enough to find...

The toy blocks are painted to the colors of the characters on them... The CMs wear the same BPB uniforms (which isn't the problem with this parade)... The parade is dull, boring, no party atmosphere at all... You think they couldn't ruin another parade??? Well they did...

All I can say about it is.. WOW, terrible... Just plan old terrible.... Just when I thought TDO couldn't cheap out anymore, they just took it to a new low...

For those of you who hated BPB, well, kudos... You got your boring parade... BPB was fun, watchable, and enjoyable.. This parade?? I rather walk on hot coals...

As usual, the Cms do the best they could with the garbage they are given, and kudos to you CMs!!! You deserve the kudos cause you bust your tail performing for the guests... It is just a shame you weren't given something better to entertain us with.... Your hard work is always appreciated!!!!

CaptSmee
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Well...I hated BPB, but this isn't any better. I love how they dissected the floats, added some characters, changed the music and call it a new parade.

It's kinda funny how I like the Move is, Shake it, Celebrate it, Street Party the best since 100 years of magic. At least it's a fun interactive parade.

DizneyFreak2002
01-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Well...I hated BPB, but this isn't any better. I love how they dissected the floats, added some characters, changed the music and call it a new parade.

It's kinda funny how I like the Move is, Shake it, Celebrate it, Street Party the best since 100 years of magic. At least it's a fun interactive parade.

Honestly, I don't find much wrong with Move It, Shake it.. it isn't great, but it isn't boring... This new parade is BORING...

DHS just took a page out of the MK parades... Recycle old floats, and make the parade shorter and more boring...

I'll be skipping this in October....

forever a child
01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
I just wish they would bring back the Hollywood Stars and Motorcars Parade.:mad: We LOVED that parade! Loved all of the villians!!! :cry:

DizneyFreak2002
01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
I just wish they would bring back the Hollywood Stars and Motorcars Parade.:mad: We LOVED that parade! Loved all of the villians!!! :cry:

Wasn't a fan, but didn't hate it... At least the parade fit the theme of the park... The music wasn't bad either... Not a 10, maybe a 7 or 8, so it wasn't a failure.... This new parade is a failure.. I hope more is coming... I really hope more is ocming... Or else, Countdown to Fun is :ack:

JPL
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
I saw a video of this mess on youtube and wow talk about LAME! I can't believe how unimaginative and boring this parade is :ack: Well actually I can since it was all about saving money and calling it a new parade!

Buttercup
01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I just watched it on youtube. I have to say, my kids would probably enjoy the new parade because they love the Pixar movies and they'd be thrilled to see all the characters pass by them. But you're right - there have been more thrilling parades in Disney's history. That song "I DON'T WANT TO WORK, I WANT TO BANG ON THE DRUM ALL DAY" was getting really irritating after the first 6 minutes.
One thing I noticed -- why are there no Cars in the parade? I mean, especially with the new sequel coming out next year. I found that strange that they were missing, and yet A Bug's Life which hasn't been in the mainstream for years was in the parade... :confused:

JoF
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Oh dear - it does seem very short.
Think we will watch it when we go on our next trip (if they haven't binned it by then) just to give it a chance. We liked the Disney stars and motor cars parade but loved Block Party Bash even more - it was interactive and had a feelgood atmosphere with pretty much the same characters as the pixar one but a whole lot better. Oh well - just have to wait and see.....

Stickey
01-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I will reserve judgement until I see it live, however, I am certain it will be an improvement over Block Party Bash:ack:.
An updated Stars & Cars parade would be the best option.

BklynChick
01-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Honestly, I don't find much wrong with Move It, Shake it.. it isn't great, but it isn't boring... This new parade is BORING...

DHS just took a page out of the MK parades... Recycle old floats, and make the parade shorter and more boring...

I'll be skipping this in October....

Great - just what we need - another dumbing down of what was a decent parade (yes, I actually liked BPB in both DCA and DHS).

Don't get me started on what they have done with the former Share a Dream Come True parade in MK. I don't know why they are still running it when they have Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! I was pleasantly surprised by that one, and I only got to see the "on the move" portion (they did not do the hub show that day due to high temps).

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2011, 11:19 PM
I will reserve judgement until I see it live, however, I am certain it will be an improvement over Block Party Bash:ack:.
An updated Stars & Cars parade would be the best option.

Ummm, watch the video... it is not an improvement over BPB.. BPB was an excellent parade... This new parade is :ack:

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Great - just what we need - another dumbing down of what was a decent parade (yes, I actually liked BPB in both DCA and DHS).

Don't get me started on what they have done with the former Share a Dream Come True parade in MK. I don't know why they are still running it when they have Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! I was pleasantly surprised by that one, and I only got to see the "on the move" portion (they did not do the hub show that day due to high temps).

I'm coining the phrase now... When something in WDW is dumbed down, as this parade is, I am calling it... TDO'd... LoL.. So, BPB as been TDO'd... And that is NOT a good thing...