PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror or Expedition Everest?

KeriWDE
01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
My 10 y-o daughter (who has ridden EE) wants to know if ToT is scarier than EE.

She loved EE and is excited to ride it again and is wanting to ride ToT with me this next trip also.

lettripp
01-16-2011, 06:42 PM
My sister (now 19) loves EE and is still terrified of ToT. I love both but there is something about ToT that makes it truly frightening... and awesome!

faline
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
They're very different. I'm not a big roller coaster person but I love Tower of Terror and, even though I'm not a fan of roller coasters, I have no problem at all with Expedition:Everest

JenD
01-16-2011, 06:51 PM
I love expedition everest, but Tower of Terror scares me! I think it is because I don't know exactly when I am going to drop and all.

joonyer
01-16-2011, 07:15 PM
ToT has a ghostlier, creepier theme than EE, and since it is not a coaster, it's harder to anticipate the next upcoming motion of the ride vehicle, and thus catches you more by surprise, as to the physical movements. In that sense it is "scarier" to me. But I love both rides, and I'd rate them equal on the fun quotient.

Momto3littlemice
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
I think ToT is much scarier than Everest. I agree with pp that Everest (except for the backwards portion ) is easier to anticipate and is therefore less scary to me. Having said that, I love roller coasters and I hate things that jump out in the dark. I was forever scarred by my first viewing of Tough to be a Bug and I won't go back! (and yet I love Rock n roller Coaster):mickey:

mainemajor
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
With ToT you never know how many times or how far you will drop. It's the fear of the unknown, in the dark that does it. :blush:

KennyandKim
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I am a wimp when it comes to rides. I hate heights/dropsand am not a roller coaster person. I have ridden EE twice and it doesn't bother me because the drop is very quick and then it's over with. NO WAY will I ride ToT or RnRC.

finaldynasty
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I think ToT is much scarier than Everest. I agree with pp that Everest (except for the backwards portion ) is easier to anticipate and is therefore less scary to me. Having said that, I love roller coasters and I hate things that jump out in the dark. I was forever scarred by my first viewing of Tough to be a Bug and I won't go back! (and yet I love Rock n roller Coaster):mickey:

:ditto::ditto:

:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I love Tower of Terror because each ride is different and you don't know what to expect :mickey:

RBrooksC
01-17-2011, 07:55 AM
You know, I don't think either ride is truly "scary." Each has their own frightening elements but, as a whole, the experience is exhilarating.

The scary part in E:E is the wait to ride backwards and the scary part in ToT is the wait to see what drop you will get.

After those initial items, the ride itself is smooth and rather enjoyable.

Mrs Bus Driver
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
For me I find RR scary. Knowing that I am going 0 to 60 in 3 seconds and right into a loop, in the dark is far more frightening then ToT or EE. ToT is good clean Halloween type fun and the cast members really get into their rolls. I have heard that most young-ins like the drops better then riding coasters. EE is mostly in daylight (unless you go at night) then it goes backwards IMHO the scariest part but to me it is mostly thrilling. For me waiting for the loop on RR is the scariest of all. :mickey:

Mogie
01-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I love both rides. Perfect examples of how awesome Disney has gotten at detailing the theming of rides. But I was almost tempted to vote for "Something Else PLEASE" cuz I can't wait for the next big thing! Too bad these rides cost hundreds of millions...
I vote for Everest!

mook3y
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Dinosaur is scarier than either of those! But then again, my family are big six flags fans.

brownie
01-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Not scarier, just different.

Silver_Surfer
01-18-2011, 11:05 AM
TOT
The black & white vids scared my son.

CzepielCrew
01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Definitely Expedition Everest. This is coming from a coaster fan who doesn't care to be dropped over and over again.

Laughin' place
01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
No knock on EE or its excellent themeing.
ToT is much scarier. The theme and atmosphere, the random drops, and the adrenal rush of that first drop

BandMan
01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I think Dinosaur is scarier to a lot of kids. DD18 loves T of T and EE, but won't go on Dinosaur again. When she first went on (age 11) she just screamed and hid down below the dash. As we exited the ride, we saw a pair of shorts discarded in bushes. DD figured someone must have been scared out of them. We still laugh at that one.

PrettyMinnie
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I agree with members who said the the ToT theme is scarier. Everything leading up the ride gives you a bit of a creepy feel. The actual drops are typical to any free fall ride at any amusement parks if not on the tamer side. That being said, when were there with an 11 year old who rode ToT and was completely fine with the atmosphere and the drops. It all depends on the person.

linedropper
01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
dinosaur is scarier then both of them!

crltkcagle
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
:jaw: Tower of terror is much scarier than EE. Imo its just a more extreme ride. Lots of fun though.

KeriWDE
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Where is the Dinosaur ride? :confused:

Also, thanks for all the responses! :hi:

JabberJaws
01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
First off, I would say BOTH as they are both amazing, incredible rides in their own right.

That being said, I would pick ToT every time. The theming and overall ride experience at ToT to me is among the best that I have ever experienced with a theme park attraction.

Again that is not to discount EE though, as it is an extremely well-done ride as well.

PopPhan
01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Where is the Dinosaur ride? :confused:

Also, thanks for all the responses! :hi:

Dinosaur is in Animal Kingdom in, of all places, the Dinoland area. :D

Jasper
01-19-2011, 11:27 AM
We find both ToT and EE to be about the same level of experience even though they are very different.

GottaLvDisney
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
For me, the theming in ToT is much scarier than ME. While I love rollercoasters, I'm not a huge drop fan so that also makes ToT worse IMO since it's dark and you have no idea of when or how many times you're going down.

If I were to ask my girls (12yo, 9yo, 7yo) they would probably say ToT or Dinosaur. They both scared the younger two so much they only rode once. I'm hoping they'll take the plunge again this upcoming trip.

StuckinOz
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Dinosaur scares me the most, even though I know what's coming! :eek:

grumpyguy
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
All bow to the mighty ToT:thumbsup:

IfYouHadWings503
01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Tower of Terror still scares the heck out of me...I think it's not knowing how many times we'll be dropped like a sack of potatoes :thedolls:

LVT
01-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I love those and will not do RR. It seems to be individual preferences. Maybe the dark on RR is what bothers me.

Granny Jill A
01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Dinosaur scares me silly. I love the thrill of EE and Tower is just plain fun, like swinging high in the air.

GrmGrninGost
01-22-2011, 11:30 AM
TOT is far scarier to me. EE is a great coaster, but still, it's a coaster.:mickey:

johnO
01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Tough poll! They're both great rides and incredibly themed!

DisneyFr33k
01-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I HATE the feeling of falling straight down! EE is so much fun, I'd go on that 100 times before considering TT. I rode it once and that was once too many.

Zawadi
01-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I love those and will not do RR. It seems to be individual preferences. Maybe the dark on RR is what bothers me.

Our niece was 10 and slightly afraid of the dark and bailed out of RnRC at the point of boarding about 5 times because of the fear of being shot into the dark. We then made her face her fear and ride it. It worked and she now loves it! I think her record is 13 times in one morning :)

Tower of Terror still scares the heck out of me...I think it's not knowing how many times we'll be dropped like a sack of potatoes :thedolls:

I HATE the feeling of falling straight down! EE is so much fun, I'd go on that 100 times before considering TT. I rode it once and that was once too many.

We've been lucky enough to ride ToT (WDW, California & Paris) well over 200 times. WDW's is by far the best out of the 3 ToTs :thumbsup:

Comparing ToT and EE: I prefer ToT and DW prefers EE. Neither of us like Dinosaur as we find that we're thrown around too much.

Mousemates
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
After multiple rides TOT is still wayyyy scarier than EE...if for no other reason than you never know what drop sequence you will end up with.

Mousemates
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
oh...and by the way my wife and daughter would both agree that Dinosaur's terror factor eclipses both EE and ToT. It just completely overwhelms their highly active imaginations ability to say...its only a ride, its only a ride.

KennyandKim
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Im not a fan of drops so ToT and RnRC are both out of the question for me. I have ridden Dinosaur and EE. The drop on EE isn't that bad because its more of a turn to me. Going backwards scared the beejeesies out of me though

CU Tiger
01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I like how TT it is not predictable and each ride is different!:mickey:

darthmacho
01-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I rode EE for the first time last August, and I thought it was a little more intense of a ride, but of course the premise of the ToT story is a lot scarier. :mickey:

alissantos
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
I just LOVE both!!!!!:)

princessjojo
01-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Dinosaurs is scarier by far, but I have to say that the anticipation that builds while in the elevator shaft and the leading up to it all, the first glimpse of the park when the windows open and you realize how high you actually are make ToT much scarier than EE.

But I can't wait to ride all three...