PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase Lagoon Ferry

Momto3littlemice
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

Despite our many trips, we have never taken the ferry across the world showcase lagoon. Here are a few questions for those of you that have:
1. Does it still run on both sides and all the time WS is open (other than during illuminations)?
2. Is it actually faster than walking around the lagoon?
3. How often does it run?

Thanks!:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-16-2011, 03:25 PM
1. Yes, they still run...
2. Depends... Usually I can beat any boat while walking, but if you catch it right, I imagine that the boat may be faster. There is often a line and/or it's waiting to fill when I've seen it. I don't wait for it just to get to the other side.
3. I'm not sure if there's a schedule other than "continuous".

faline
01-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I think it's been 6-7 years since I last set foot on one of these. I remember it was quite warm on board. By time we loaded and crossed the lagoon, I concluded once again that I could have gotten there faster by walking and have not been on one since.

If you've never done it, it's a nice little ride and a different perspective. If walking is an issue, it might be an aid to reduce some steps.

Other than that, I'd suggest walking.

eandrsmom
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
I think it closes a little while prior to Illuminations. We've tried to take it after we've had dinner at one of the restaurants, and were unable to do so, because it had stopped running because they were preparing for Illuminations. I'm not sure of the amount of time prior to the show, but I think it was at least an hour.

Momto3littlemice
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks! I figured walking might be faster once you wait, board, ride, disembark, etc. But, I think the kids would enjoy it and they might like to have a break off their feet. I think we may give it a try - glad to know it still runs!:mickey:

mainemajor
01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks! I figured walking might be faster once you wait, board, ride, disembark, etc. But, I think the kids would enjoy it and they might like to have a break off their feet. I think we may give it a try - glad to know it still runs!:mickey:

:exactly:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I took it a couple of times last year. That was the first time in a long time. I have problems with plantar fasciiatis so it was worth it to wait. Other than that, walking is faster. It was a nice relaxing ride though.