PDA

View Full Version : por

happy day
01-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Have any of the rooms at Port Orleans been upgraded with queen beds?

nkereina
01-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Not at Riverside. They will start the refurbs in April or May. Currently POFQ is doing refurbs, adding Queen beds so some buildings there have them.

PetefromRI
01-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Are they really doing queen beds?I've heard others describe mod beds as queen when they weren't.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
We were just at POR-AB section back in December. Beds were double beds, not queens. Trying to imagine the amount of room there would be if the bed were queens, especially if one of them had the trundle. It would be pretty tight. I don't see how they could add them in our room, especially with the adjoining door (I would think it would be blocked if two queen beds were put in).

My guess it would be limited to certain buildings. Maybe the Mansions have more room, have never been in that section.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Just back from a beautifully refurbed room at POFQ (they are doing these before heading to Riverside) and they DO have queen beds! Wonderful! Happiness! Delight!:cloud9:

PetefromRI
01-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Just back from a beautifully refurbed room at POFQ (they are doing these before heading to Riverside) and they DO have queen beds! Wonderful! Happiness! Delight!:cloud9:
Awesome!!!

nkereina
01-20-2011, 01:20 PM
The rumor is that they are getting Queens at POR too but I suppose no one knows for sure until the renovations start. Queens aren't that much bigger than doubles to the point where it would cause the room to be really cramped. It's a matter of inches. I believe CSR is the other mod resort with Queens already.

crltkcagle
01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't know about queens in POR AB section. Those rooms are a little tight already. There is barely enough room to pull out the trundle bed. But I will NOT complain if they do put queen beds in. That would be great!