PDA

View Full Version : Universal in October

beksy
01-15-2011, 02:13 PM
How are the crowds at Universal in late October? Any information specific to this time would be appreciated!

NJGIRL
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
We have been going the last two weeks in October for years now. As far as Universal goes I find the crowds to be light to moderate depending on the year. We went this past Oct (2010) but stayed at the Hard Rock so we had express passes, but in prior years I have found that in the morning crowds are so light you could get onto rides very quickly. It seems to me after 1:00 is when things pick up and wait times are longer. But even in the afternoon I don't remember waiting for anything for more than 30 mins with most rides being even shorter than that. Of course the Harry Potter section is the exception. We couldn't use Express Pass on the FJ but we were allowed to enter that section an hour before other guests. In the morning we waited in line about 45 mins and in the afternoon after everyone was allowed into that section we waited a little over an hour.

DisneyFr33k
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
We went this past October and agree with the post above. We checked in our hotel and were walking into US by 9am. It was totally EMPTY! That is until around noon-1:00. It was clear most guests went early to Is. of Adv to ride the Harry Potter ride and once that wore off, they came over to US. The next day we went to Is o Adv and it was really crowded in Harry Potter land. Once leaving that area though, it wasn't crowded at all for any of the other rides.

Overall, it is a wonderful time of year to go to either US or Disney.