PDA

View Full Version : Just took my Christmas tree down today 1/13

forever a child
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Just finally got my Christmas tree and decorations put away. :blush:

Anyone else still have theirs up?

VWL Mom
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Mine's coming down this weekend. We have a 14ft tree in our hallway which takes 2 days to put up so I like to get every last bit of the holiday out of it. All of the other decorations came down since last weekend.

princessgirls
01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Always a little bummed packing away the Christmas stuff!!

Cleaned mine all up Friday and Saturday of last week. No fun!!!

Julie:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Still up!! We were in WDW the day after Thanksgiving until 12/5, so we didn't get our trees and decoration up until the following weekend, a little later than normal. So no hurry to take them down, but sadly they shall be coming down this weekend:(

We do put up two trees. We ended up with so many ornaments that instead of thinning them out, we bought a 2nd tree. One of our trees is our "fun" tree, this is where all the Disney ornaments go,and the Star Wars, Scooby Doo, Buggs Bunny and any fun type ornament. It's one of my favorite trees to decorate.

ibrowse17
01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Taking the tree down is like the last day at Disney for me:(

Donald
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I took my tree and all of the decorations down last weekend; so I thought. I just found 3 items that I forgot. Now I have to climb back into the attic! I do this every year! You would think I'd learn!!

Think Spring!!:pick:

greengeen
01-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Still up, still fresh and green looking! If it had gotten dry and droopy I would have taken it down last weekend. I guess I'll do it this coming weekend...

Basket Mommy
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Call me Scrooge, but mine is usually down within a couple of days after Christmas. This year I took it down on the 27th. We have one large tree in front of the window, along with 2 smaller trees in the den and a tree in each of the kids' rooms (we have 4 kids). I rely on my parents to help me get everything down while my husband is at work, so I have to get it all down before they leave to go back home. Plus, I just don't like having it all still up after the 1st!

Goofster
01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
We always put ours up the Saturday before Thanksgiving and it comes down on New Year's Day. Growing up, my parents would usually keep it up until about the 2nd weekend in January. That's a bit of stretch for me...:cool:

jmj18
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Sorry to say...I hate Christmas and my tree can't come down fast enough. I believe if I did not have children that would be 1 thing I wouldn't have to do. But...it's for them...so I do it.

So much work...it's nice that people really enjoy their trees for a while.

:mickey:

BellesRose
01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Call me Scrooge, but mine is usually down within a couple of days after Christmas. This year I took it down on the 27th.
I also took my stuff down on the 27th! It's not that I don't love Christmas, it's just that after it gets past the 26th, I feel lazy if I leave it up.

Sorry to say...I hate Christmas and my tree can't come down fast enough. I believe if I did not have children that would be 1 thing I wouldn't have to do. But...it's for them...so I do it.
At least you do it for them! :thumbsup: I have a friend who says that if he ever has children, he will not put up a tree or lights. He also won't let them believe in Santa, because "Why would I let some other guy get credit for all the hard earned money I spend?" lol.

Dragongirlx
01-14-2011, 03:23 AM
we always take out tree down on New Year's Eve so we can clean the house properly for the New Year.
I don't know if this goes around the world but here in the UK you are supposed to have your tree down by the 6th of January or it's bad luck for the rest of the year.

VWL Mom
01-14-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't know if this goes around the world but here in the UK you are supposed to have your tree down by the 6th of January or it's bad luck for the rest of the year.

The Italian Christmas is celebrated through January 6th when the wisemen brought the gifts. La Befana then brings gifts to the children on the night of the Feast of the Epiphany. So our Christmas season is traditionally Dec 24 - Jan 6.

BandMan
01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Ours is STILL up. With two autistic sons who LOVE the tree, it's always tough to make them sad by taking it down. It will have to come down soon, though. :(

IloveJack
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I just took mine down yesterday, too. I kind of hated to do it, cause my DD2 really loves it, but it was taking up so much space, and we needed room for her new toys. :blush: (Why must everyone buy ride-on/huge toys?)

We used to put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving and take it down on New Year's (as I teach and want it gone before school starts back), but it seemed like someone was sick every free moment so far this year. So after a few snow days, it's all packed up!

ElenitaB
01-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Ours is coming down this weekend. We keep it up until Three Kings' Day (Jan 6) but I didn't feel well last weekend so this weekend, I'll be playing catch-up. :blush:

roses
01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Mine is still up :blush:

Melanie
01-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Ours is still up as well :blush: and won't be coming down until sometime mid-week. We've been crazy busy since the holidays and it's finally looking to slow down, thank goodness! We do have all our outside stuff down though. :D

PirateLover
01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Ours came down on the snow day I had this past Wednesday. My family also follows the Three Kings Day rule. Decorations don't start coming down until Jan 6th.

brownie
01-16-2011, 12:32 PM
We took ours down on 01-08-2011. Friends of ours still have their tree up, though, and no plans to take it down yet. We were joking last night about just putting up a wall around it until December.

ibrowse17
01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
There was a fire that destroyed a home here in Mobile, AL yesterday. The cause was a Christmas tree:(. If anyone still has one up, please be safe!

forever a child
01-16-2011, 05:38 PM
My family also follows the Three Kings Day rule. Decorations don't start coming down until Jan 6th.

I was following the same rule, I just didn't know it! ;) I'll remember that next year though in case anyone tells me that I am just procrastinating.

Mogie
01-17-2011, 09:26 AM
When I was little I begged my mom to leave the xmas tree up until March so I could have my birthday presents under the tree...I obviously never got my wish. The tree usually comes down the day after new years.

BandMan
01-17-2011, 01:51 PM
My family also follows the Three Kings Day rule. Decorations don't start coming down until Jan 6th.

My late father-in-law had a rule: Lights and decorations go up Dec. 6th (St. Nicholas Day) and come down after Jan. 6th (Epiphany or 3 Kings Day). I always thought that was perfect. We try to honor his memory and do that.

Sylvia
01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
My family's tradition has always been to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve, and to leave it up until after Epiphany. So, yes, my tree is still up. I'll probably take it down next week, or maybe the week after. I have been known to leave my tree up until the middle of February, though. :blush:

ChipDale2708
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
We took the ornaments off the real tree two weeks ago, but it just made it out the door last weekend due to the large snowstorm that hit CT last week. The artificial tree in the dining room is still up but will come down this weekend. Even the cats have lost interest in playing with the ornaments. :cat::cat: