PDA

View Full Version : Which rides spin?

Wall-e
01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
We are preparing for out first trip to the World this fall. I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of which rides spin. I am talking about tea cup type spin. I am ok on Dumbo or Carousels, but I can't handle the fast, tight spinning. I have avoided Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin at Disneyland because of the name, so I don't know if I could handle it or not. Any info or advice is appreciated. I would hate to get on a ride and be in for a not so pleasant surprise.

Thanks!

MizMissy
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Primeval Whirl in AK spins ... I avoid that one and tea cups at all costs. It seems like I've heard people talk about Mission Space "spinning" but since I avoid all simulator rides, I can't tell you first hand if that one spins or not.

Have fun on your trip!!

Mickey'sGirl
01-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I can't even watch the spin rides --- :sick:

Tea Cups is a definite no go
Primeval Whirl is a no go

My personal opinion is that the caroussel will be hard, as will Star Tours, Expedition Everest, Rock'n'Rollercoaster, Mission Space and Space Mountain (Yes I am an absolute ride wimp!).

I LOVE the TTA!

Silver_Surfer
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
LOL, I just had a thread about rides that go in reverse:ack:

faline
01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Buzz Lightyear also spins although the rider can control where, and when, he/she wants it to turn.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Buzz light year can spin, depends on who's doing the driving and how (you can control the spin with a joystick).

Mission Space operates like a centrifuge to create the gravity affect. So while it technically is spinning, you are enclosed in the capsule and cannot see the spin or feel it, you instead feel the gravitation.

There really are not that many spinning rides at WDW. Some rides like Khali River Rapids or Haunted Mansion might technical spin, but it's more of a manouver to get you into position than it is a constant spin like primevial whirl at AK.

KylesMom
01-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Just thought of another one after reading a new post - Astro Orbiters. While the car itself doesn't spin, the whole ride does! If you don't like fast, tight spinning, this one is definitely not for you! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Just thought of another one after reading a new post - Astro Orbiters. While the car itself doesn't spin, the whole ride does! If you don't like fast, tight spinning, this one is definitely not for you! :mickey:
You are so correct!!! Astro Orbiters is a killer -- even though the view is spectacular (especially at twilight!)

Linda, you are too about Buzz. Thankfully my 6 yr old likes to ride with his brother now, so I don't have to endure the quick spins. :sick: YIKES!