PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds Tour & Other Overlooked Attractions

Horizon One
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi there,

I have been to WDW a few times and I was looking for something a little different to do.
I noticed that there is a behind the scene tour at the Land at Epcot. I was wondering if anyone has done this and what they thought of it?
I haen't been in Innoventions forever so I am planning to go there as well.
Any other often looked over attractions that I should try?
Thanks in advance for your input.

RockinRobin
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Be sure and take the Behind the Seeds tour it is great. We enjoyed it very much.

yjgirl32
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I loved the Behind the Seeds tour!!! My ds7 liked it a lot too.

mook3y
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
We did this with friends in 2007 and thought it was well worth the small price. It was very interesting.

Don't want to give any spoilers, but there are a couple of small activities that our kids really loved & they have a Guiness World Record they show you during the tour too.

Granny Jill A
01-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Wonderful tour. Loved every minute of it. Wish EPCOT had more activities like this.

JakeontheCob
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
We are looking to do this on our upcoming trip. Do I need to reserve the tour before we go there or can we just sign up on site?

mook3y
01-13-2011, 03:43 PM
We are looking to do this on our upcoming trip. Do I need to reserve the tour before we go there or can we just sign up on site?

Both.

However, I would recommend making reservations before you get there. Just to be safe. :D

snowflakegirl
01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
My boyfriend and I went on our trip in August and we both LOVED it. I definitely would recommend it.

brad817
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Do they have the Behind The Seeds Tour everyday? And what times do they run it at?

mook3y
01-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Do they have the Behind The Seeds Tour everyday? And what times do they run it at?

They run a bunch of them every day. There is a desk between Soarin and Living with the Land. On the wall they have a board that lists times that are available for that specific day. This is where you make walk up reservations to go on the tour.

Plex
01-16-2011, 05:29 PM
We did Behind the Seeds the last time we went to WDW and it was definitely awesome!

Interesting note that we learned about it as well - There are several different people each day that will do the tour. Each of them is usually one of the staff that actually works there. Depending on their expertise they all add different bits of information and a different perspective on the tour. For example, on our tour we had one of their entomologists for our tour guide, so we got all sorts of interesting information about the insects used in the greenhouses for various different purposes.

faline
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
For example, on our tour we had one of their entomologists for our tour guide, so we got all sorts of interesting information about the insects used in the greenhouses for various different purposes.

We had someone with the same specialty lead our tour.