PDA

View Full Version : picnic in the park

Allenfow98
01-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Jusy curious if anyone has done this in AK..would really like some opinions,,we have a party of 7 going in Feb.

rhonary
01-13-2011, 01:42 PM
We have twice...first time it was pouring... that didnt help set the right mood...but the meal wasnt bad. We tried agian last yr and they changed a few things..I wasnt crazy about the choices but I'm picky and my wife and kids didnt have a problem with it. We also ate out in the back where they have tables under cover that we didnt know about before! (would have come in handy the first time in the rain!) All in all I would say try it...it can be fun...be sure to check the menu first to see whats available!

snowflakegirl
01-13-2011, 07:26 PM
My boyfriend and I took advantage of this in August. We found it convenient and a good value. For under $20 we got a reusable tote bag with picnic in the park written on it, two sandwiches, two small bags of lays chips, two deserts, and two bottles of water. If I remember correctly sandwich options include Turkey Focaccia (which I got and found tasty), Ham and Salami, Tuna, a Veggie Wrap, and a Chicken Caesar Wrap. There were brownies and rice crispy treats for desert (there may have been other things, those are just what I remember).

KeriWDE
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I've never heard of this. Is it through one of the WDW CS places? Info, please! :D

KylesMom
01-14-2011, 09:57 AM
The current Picnic In The Park has evolved from a pre-order type of event to a more of a "grab and go" dining opportunity at AK. While our family has never done it, apparently there is an area at Beastly Bazaar which has the luncheon items on display. You pack them in a reusable lunch sack and away you go.

Another post with more detailed information and a review can be found here:
Picnic In The Park (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=171774&highlight=Picnic+in+the+Park)

KeriWDE
01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks! Is this on the DDP? Is it considered a QS/CS?

It sounds really interesting and might be our lunch for our AK day.

ElenitaB
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
It indeed is considered a QS/CS option on the dining plan. There are various "levels" and you have the option of picking up things from Beastly Bazaar or ordering and picking them up at a predetermined time from the Kusafari Bakery (located outside Tusker House).

Friend of Figment
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
The picnnic isn't always available. It's best to have a back up plan. We've never been able to do it.

snowflakegirl
01-15-2011, 10:52 PM
It indeed is considered a QS/CS option on the dining plan. There are various "levels" and you have the option of picking up things from Beastly Bazaar or ordering and picking them up at a predetermined time from the Kusafari Bakery (located outside Tusker House).

I thought the "levels" were no longer being offered and it was down to just the grab n go in at the Beastly Bazaar. Are they doing the various levels again?