PDA

View Full Version : bridge "ceremony" at Epcot

Suz36
01-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if they are still doing the daily "ceremony" at Epcot when they raise the bridge to allow the Illuminations barges into the lagoon? What time does this typically occur? Thanks!

5togetherWDW
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't know the time -- but they do still announce the barges as they stop traffic. We had forgotten about this -- and were hurrying across from one to another of the Holiday Storytellers -- when we "got" to see the "ceremony." We sat at the outpost tables and watched -- good excuse for an ice cream break. My sons enjoyed it, though there really wasn't a "ceremony" by my standards.

StinksMom
01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
What time of day does this typically happen?

Melanie
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
They actually make a ceremony out of this? Oh my.

faline
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
They actually make a ceremony out of this? Oh my.

I don't recall a ceremony either. I just remember we were stopped from crossing and told we had to wait or go round the other way.

Melanie
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't recall a ceremony either. I just remember we were stopped from crossing and told we had to wait or go round the other way.

That's what happened to us too Linda.

Polynesian Dweller
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM
What time of day does this typically happen?

Mid-afternoon, around 2-3pm. It doesn't appear to be a fixed time (it's been at different times for us) but more based on when the ready. Lots of pyrotechnics to be moved safely so they'd only go when all is safe.

No ceremony either that we've ever seen. CMs pull the gates across the walkway and the lift bridge goes up. Some CMs make more of a show of it but not a formal show or ceremony. It's a very practical movement of material from backstage.

5togetherWDW
01-16-2011, 10:21 AM
As we ate our ice-cream, the speakers in that area were playing a formal announcement of the floats / description of Illuminations. It was longer than the announcements made when they announce the upcomming showing in the evening (and warn that the lights will be dimmed) -- but a similar sort of thing. Not what I'd consider a ceremony, but my boys enoyed it.

LudwigVonDrake
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM

That's what I remember :confused: