PDA

View Full Version : Poly Concierge

mook3y
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
In general I understand the different food options offered throughout the day.

My questions are:

1) When and how do they assist with dining, tour & show reservations? Can I just e-mail them a list of days and approximate times and they will do their best?

2) We take a couple of resort days during our 2 week vacations. Will I be able to get a beer during the middle of the day if I want one? Also, what beers are usually offered.

3) Will the concierge staff assist in planning a "surprise"?

Thanks for your time!

faline
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
We've not stayed club level at the Poly but we have at Wilderness Lodge. Generally, you will receive a form from concierge staff prior to your arrival. On this form, you can indicate all your dining wishes, special tours, activities and all else you want to do. Concierge staff will make all your arrangements and send you an iternerary.

Generally, we would take a few extra beers or whatever we thought we wanted and put them in our fridge so they would be available when we wanted. We did notice others who would request something like a beer when not typically offered and it never seemed to be an issue.

Polynesian Dweller
01-11-2011, 10:42 PM
We always stay in Poly concierge and they are wonderful. Before your 180 day ADR window you will receive a form to complete. Here you put your entire itinerary on the form including ADRs and preferred dates/times, shows you might want attend, and tours etc. You email this back and they will take care if everything and email you back when they have been completed along with your confirmation numbers. They have never failed us in 20 years.

They also will arrange a surprise if it's possible to do so and will advise if it's not or needs a modification. They arranged to have a surprise for my DW in the room when we arrived. That's one of the advantages of CL, it can be in your room at arrival.

PixieMagic
01-12-2011, 08:22 PM
<3 Poly Concierge!

1) We always make our ADR's ourselves so unfortunately I cannot help with that part of your question.

2) I'm not sure what the full beer selection is, but we often went in in between meal times and even if there is no beer out for consumption, you can just ask and they will get you whatever you'd like. :beer:

3) They are fantastic at planning surprises! You can call ahead of time and they will make sure they have everything ready when you are. They even ordered raspberries for us when they normally do not have any there, simply so we could have vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries along with our other desert selections (choc covered strawberries, white chocolate shells filled with m&m's, etc) as part of our surprise! :cloud9:

javamama
01-13-2011, 10:24 PM
We've stayed there twice in Tonga, it was great the first stay, so great we booked while we were there. Second time, we had a good trip but it wasn't the same as the first. Our fav castmemeber wasn't there anymore, and is no longer there at all, so that did take away for us. We were catered too, we did have a walk from the Tonga building to the main Hawaii building for dinner snacks, but it was always worth it chef Dick made some great snacks for us. Beer selections were Bud Light, Miller Lite, Amstel Light, Heni, maybe a Sam Adams product...I maybe wrong but I know I'm pretty close. It was a great couple of trips for our family, you'll enjoy the Poly and f you have kiddos they will love the blue gummy sharks!!
Mine came home with a 5lb bag of them the 1st year:secret: