PDA

View Full Version : Is Pop the same as All Stars?

Diznut
01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
We have stayed at the All Stars twice and now for our May trip we're at Pop. Can I pretty much expect the same thing but with a different theme?

disneymom15
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes, I think all the values are similar. We prefer POP over the All Stars. The food court at POP is quite large with lots to pick from. Pop has its own bus service (no sharing).

paragon
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes, similar but slightly different. Pop is larger, with 4 floors vs 3, the lobby,food court/gift shop layout is slightly different. Big and bright best describes POP,
We have done All Stars and Pop, with ASMv our preference. We rent a car so busses aren't an issue for us. As far as busses go, yes Pop doesn't share, BUT its such a large resort, it can still be crowded, keep in mind, the All Stars do share, but they are so close, and they will put on additional busses for busy times. Pop was at one time the 6th largest hotel in the world, with so many rooms available.
We visited Pop before we ever booked there, and we met a very nice phone employee/CM who gave us a very nice one stop verbal tour of Pop. He explained that in the design process, they utilized all the "best suggestions" from the All Stars, and put them together at POP, I see it in the lobby area design, with the bathroom locations, and gift areas. Otherwise, I think they are very similar, but we still prefer All Star Movies.

kakn7294
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
To reiterate what the others have said, yes, the values are all very similar but we love Pop. We felt that there was something about it here that seemed just a little more like the moderates than a value.

brownie
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
They're all pretty much the same. I'd stay at either Pop Century or All-Star Movies again. We did enjoy our stay at Pop Century.

BugeyedMuggy
01-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Pop Century has a lake, jogging trail and a pop jet play area for the kids.

AmandaChan
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Pop is like a nicer version of all stars. It's newer and the bus service is a heck of a lot better. You are your only stop. We stayed there in May and we have no complaints other than having to stand in a unshaded line for bus which was sometimes very long and full of cranky people. But that isn't too often.

natedog24
01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
On top of being newer, the Pop food court also has slurpees on the beverage island. Yes, you can use your refillable mug to get as many slurpees as you want!!
Great for kids, or adults that have a strong inner child... like me.

paragon
01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
On top of being newer, the Pop food court also has slurpees on the beverage island. Yes, you can use your refillable mug to get as many slurpees as you want!!
Great for kids, or adults that have a strong inner child... like me.

Have they returned? When we were there this past October, the slush machines were gone!

natedog24
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Have they returned? When we were there this past October, the slush machines were gone!

OOOooo... I didn't know they took them out... I haven't been there in a couple years. Bummer.
There goes one of my favorite parts of that resort...

LuvAllPrincesses
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
This, too, may be outdated, but my travel agent mother used to always remind me that groups (class trips, etc.) staying in values are put first in the All Stars and Pop only on very rare overflow occassions.