PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Barber Shop

Princess2BsMom
01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
We are planning on getting my son's first haircut while we are at Disney. Has anyone ever done this? I was told that they do something special for the kids??? Do we need an appointment to do this?

Thanks!

Basket Mommy
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
We did it for our 2 youngest children. They covered my kids in stickers and then trimmed their hair and saved it in tissue paper for me. The kids each got a set of "My First Haircut" Mickey ears, too. They used to be a first come, first served place (no appointments), but they started taking appts. in July of 2010. You can call 407-WDW-DINE or visit the concierge at your hotel to make appointments.

teambricker04
01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Its so much fun! We did it pre appointments... I didn't even realize that they took them now. When we had to wait we went right at opening and only had a few people in front of us. It was near a character meet and greet so DH took the boys while I waited.

Exactly as PP said plus both my boys got a certificate. There are no seat belts on the chairs, so one person has to hold on to them.

Both my kids had Penney cut their hair and she was willing to take a picture at the end of the cut. She was super nice and very quick and does a great cut!

:mickey:

crltkcagle
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
When did they start taking appointments? We did this two years ago with our boys and they loved it!! They got the hair gel with mickey mouse in the back of their heads. They felt like little celebrities the whole day because everyone loved their hair! Its something they'll never forget!

Princess2BsMom
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
How far in advance do I need to call?

honeebee86
01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I wanted to add that I am pretty sure they no longer give out the mickey ears. Maybe someone else can confirm this?!?

Basket Mommy
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
When did they start taking appointments?

Like I said above, July 2010 ; )

How far in advance do I need to call?

At least before the day you want to go. Same day reservations aren't accepted.

I wanted to add that I am pretty sure they no longer give out the mickey ears. Maybe someone else can confirm this?!?

According to another board I frequent, the ears are still part of the first haircut experience.

"First Haircuts" are the shop's specialty. Children who receive their first haircut at the shop will get a complimentary Mickey Ears hat with "First Haircut" stitched on the back and a certificate of the unforgettable event to take home. The "First Haircut" experience is $18.

*Note - the Barber Shop can accept credit cards or room charges for the haircut, but their system can't process tips. Please bring cash to pay any gratuities.

mook3y
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
We have done this with all 3 of our kids. Our youngest had his first hair cut in May. They still have the "My first haircut" ears, however now you have to pay for them. I don't recall how much they were, I want to say $5.

They have bubble guns, stickers and are very good and have lots of experience in dealing with kids first hair cuts there.

One thing we just happened upon on our last trip was that the photopass photographer for chip n dale was in the barbershop during their break. We had prepaid for the photopass and when we told her, she went nuts with photos. :D We ended up with some amazing pictures of our youngest childs first hair cut.

She even got another photopass person to come finish taking pictures when she had to go because chip n dale came back on stage.

You also get the certificate that is mentioned and they wrap some hair trimmings in tissue with some mickey dust.

We usually all leave with mickey dust in our hair too.

Great memories!