PDA

View Full Version : Getting to GF from AKL for early ADR

clausjo
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
What would be my best bet for getting to our 8:15 ADR? We won't have a car. My thought was to get the bus to the MK and monorail from there, is that possible?

CleveRocks
01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
What would be my best bet for getting to our 8:15 ADR? We won't have a car. My thought was to get the bus to the MK and monorail from there, is that possible?Sounds good.

The buses start running around 6:30 a.m., so you won't have a problem there. [You'll often see reported the FALSE notion that buses start running only one hour before park opening.]

I don't know when the boats start running, but if there's a boat running that early will be quicker than the monorail ... going from the MNK monorail station to GF goes around almost the entire loop, which can take about 20 minutes. The boat leaves from in front of MK and goes to GF, then on to Polynesian and back to MK.

Because the monorail can take so long, here's an idea. Bus drivers in the early morning are permitted, if they want, to drop guests off at their resort ADRs instead of having to take then all the wy to MK. It depends on the driver. If the driver isn't willing to take you to GF, ask nicely if Polynesian would be possible. I know they do it for Poly and Contemporary (if they are so inclined) ... the fact that I've never heard of it for GF doesn't mean they don't do it.

Anyway, it'll be worth your while to tell the driver you have that early ADR at GF and ask if they can get you closer than MK.

SBETigg
01-11-2011, 01:04 PM
For early or late transportation, I prefer to grab a cab. It will be less than $20 inc tip from AKL to GF, probably more around $12 and worth sparing the waits and bus to park to GF hassle. Plus, you know the cab will have you there in less than 20 minutes vs the wait for a bus, transportation, wait for a boat, etc. Bell services will grab a cab for you. They usually have them lined up in wait.