PDA

View Full Version : ? re: 45 days before ADRs

KeriWDE
01-11-2011, 02:36 AM
We arrive on 2-25 and depart on 3-3.

Today (1-11) is the 45 day deadline for those arriving on the 25th to make their final payments or reschedule/cancel.

My questions are:
Do I need to count 45 days from EACH DAY we are there to start checking ADRs for restaurants I want but can't find availability yet?

What time should I start looking? Randomly during the day or after midnight?

Does any of this make sense? Is this thing on? Beuller. Beuller? :)

DizneyRox
01-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I don't understand the 45 day connection? Dining reservations can be made 180 days out until the day of. Cancellations can happen at any point, they are immediate and availble to the next caller. Not sure if they are available immediately online though.

tdk316
01-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Just keep checking all the ADRs you want because someone who canceled a trip would have probably canceled their whole trip. Good luck!

CleveRocks
01-11-2011, 08:18 AM
To continue with where DizneyRox was going ...

When people cancel their WDW trips, their dining ADRs do not automatically cancel. The person who cancels the trip would also need to separately cancel the dining reservations. Doesn't always happen.

Also, keep in mind that 45 days before your trip doesn't mean 45 days before someone else's trip.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-11-2011, 10:31 AM
The Disney reservation system continually updates, so it's not like they "post" reservations once per day, it's live and will update as reservations and cancellations occur.

I would simply have a list of establishments that you would like and check at least once each day. You never know when something might open up. For several months I couldn't get or even find any open ADRS for 5-6 restaraunts that I really wanted. Some (LeCellier, 1500 Park Avenue) never became available, but others like Ohana & Chef Mickey's I was fortunate enough to snag the one time I saw them become available.

You are well past the reservation window, which means other people staying at the same time as you could have been making reservations as far back as 4 months ago, which is why you most likely are having difficulties. As another poster said, the room cancellation policies have no bearing or relevance to the dining reservations.

If you really want something, I would simply keep checking 2-3 times per day if you are able.

Good luck.

KeriWDE
01-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I realize how unclear I was in my original post, it was late, I was tired, my team had just won the National Championship, I was wound up...

Anyway, my point is that those who are cancelling their reservations 45 days from now will be making changes to the ADRs too, potentially freeing up times and restaurants I am trying to get.

Not to worry, I've already done a lot of leg (finger) work. I have Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby, 1900 Park Fare, Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Round Table.

I'm just wanting to change times and dates on ones like Le Cellier.

Thanks, y'all!

War Eagle!