PDA

View Full Version : POFQ - refurbishment?!?

ewasilau
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi -

Just saw a response to my earlier post about POFQ and it seems they are undergoing a refurbishment . . . didn't know about that . . . anyone else been recently? Any details about what is going on right now and how it relates to what building to request?

Thanks!!

forever a child
01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter buildings 6 and 7 now fully complete, building 4 will be the next section to be refurbished which started early in the New Year. They are taking about 4 weeks for each building to be complete. Workers are starting as earlier as 7 am and staying as late as 10pm. This info is from another website source.

kakn7294
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I gave a detailed description of the new look of the rooms in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176443).

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Just got back on the 10th from a 9 day stay at POFQ. The above posts are correct about 6 and 7. We never heard any constuction but saw some early one morning while exploring the grounds. We actually requested one of the new rooms but were told that they weren't booking any after the new year for a few days in order to access and do inventory? Whatever that means? We walked around and saw little to no visitors in that area so maybe they were not giving me excuses. As far as noise or other wise from our building 2 it was very quiet as usual.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, we certainly lucked out! Checked in on January 4th, and had a lovely, refurbished room in Building 6. It was super! We just loved it. About a 30 second walk to the main building, and the room was perfect. Bldg 4 was in process. We did see work being done, but it was quietly being done. I'll try and get some photos up.

ewasilau
01-13-2011, 01:27 AM
The refurbished room sounds great! One question - did it smell recently painted, etc? We have one in our party sensitive to smells, etc.

Thanks for all of the responses!

WDWCrazyKaren
01-13-2011, 07:55 AM
The refurbished room sounds great! One question - did it smell recently painted, etc? We have one in our party sensitive to smells, etc.

Thanks for all of the responses!

No smells at all, except it smelled clean, which in my book is A-OK!

We peeked in the rooms of building 4 as they were working on it. They actually gutted the rooms from the studs on out. New walls, new bathroom fixtures, everything. Definately try for a refurbished room. The queen size beds make up for the smaller floor space!

rubato
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Just back from a beautiful 6 night stay in building 6. Loved it!!!!!!! Yes, I did smell a little bit of a painty smell, but I love the smell of paint, so it worked out okay. We were originally put in building 5, so I very nicely asked if there was any way at all to get my original request for building 6. We were upgraded to a river view room and the location was amazing.

The construction crew made it very easy to check the progress of building 4 by leaving the lights on and the shades up. Some rooms were completely gutted while others were already finished with mattresses in them.