PDA

View Full Version : Universal Orlando Resort Celebrates One-Millionth Butterbeer Sold

John
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT CELEBRATES ONE-MILLIONTH BUTTERBEER SOLD AT
THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER

Popular Beverage Hits Major Milestone:

Universal Orlando Marks Moment with 1,000 Complimentary Butterbeers

ORLANDO, Fla. (January 6, 2011)

In celebration of selling its millionth Butterbeer inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort shared 1,000 complimentary Butterbeers with guests on the streets of Hogsmeade.

Butterbeer appears as a favorite drink inside the Harry Potter books and films and is only available inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It is a nonalcoholic, frothy drink reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch and is served cold or frozen.

Much has been written about Butterbeer since it made its debut on June 18, 2010, making it one of the most talked about beverages of 2010. There has been much speculation about its secret ingredients but Universal Orlando will not share the closely guarded recipe. Universal has implemented special security procedures to protect the details.

Butterbeer quickly became a guest favorite. To help meet the strong demand, Universal Orlando added a fourth Butterbeer location within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

You can see the excitement on our guests faces as they wait in line and then the smile that comes with their first sip, said Ric Florell, General Manager and Senior Vice President of Resort Revenue Operations for Universal Orlando. Butterbeer is not just a beverage. It's an experience.

Inspired by J.K. Rowling's compelling stories and characters, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the most spectacularly themed environment ever created. It is the only place in the world where the wonder, excitement and adventure of the Harry Potter books and films come to life.

NJGIRL
01-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Those lucky people. I wish I had a frozen one right now. I'm glad to hear that they added another station because both times I waited in line about 20 mins for it.:(

John
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Shortest wait in my experience is inside the tavern bar :)

NJGIRL
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Shortest wait in my experience is inside the tavern bar :)

That's where I got it both times. The line went outside the side door and wrapped around the tables where people were trying to eat their lunch. I felt like I was intruding on them. :D

Melanie
01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Yesterday waits were non-existent at both kiosks. I liked it! I had the 'cold', but will be trying a frozen one next time. :thumbsup: