PDA

View Full Version : Disney MMO coming March 5, 2011

Patricia
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
So, toss out your ideas..

There is a Disney MMO in China right now that is still in Beta and not yet released, the hosts are Disney Characters in that particular game.

I'm not sure if this is related or not.. but I doubt it.

Check it out.
Disney MMO (http://www.disneymmo.com/)

Let's hear your ideas and desires.. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
01-11-2011, 07:11 AM
This looks like a fan community made up of leftovers from VMK and the other Disney MMO's...

Thanks for getting my hopes up though :fresh:. Can anyone translate Chinese for me?

Patricia
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Fan, Your just no fun at all. :razz:

Some details about the game in China..

NetDragon and Disney teamed up to create a MMO based in a disney environment with the NPC's being Disney characters. Daisy is adorable..

The game is Disney Fantasy Online. Many were hopeful that this particular type of Disney MMO geared towards older kids and teens would make an appearance on this side of the pond, but at this time there are no details about any plans to release the game outside of China.

For some reason, Disney Online in North America is primarily focused on very young children.

WDWizard
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Thats interesting. An MMO could be a useful tool to tap into the Chinese market by familiarizing them with the characters and using it to promote parks in HK and Shanghai.

But...but..can't they just flip a switch and bring back VMK once Parks & Resorts has another big publicity campaign? Perhaps for Disneyland's 60th anniversary.

WDWfanatic742
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
WDW's 40th in eight months but since most of the game was Disneyland based I doubt it. Plus with Sulake making the game engine in the first place, they'd need their approval as well.