PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli vs Other DW Pizzas

KylesMom
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Via Napoli is on our "new" list this year after hearing so many glowing reports. While we are big fans of Chicago-style deep dish pizzas, we enjoy flatbreads of the Mama Melrose variety.

Question: Can you order their specialty pizzas, such as the Pepperoni, with select toppings?

Thanks for your help in figuring out if this place is for us! :mickey:

SBETigg
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
They have a number of pre-set pizzas you can order, but I think you could order what you wanted on them instead. I don't recall for certain. It is a flat, not a deep dish style. We tried many of their varieties and we loved them all. I think it's best to stay simple on them, though-- fewer toppings seemed to work best. The Margherita was our favorite. The crust is more on the crisp side, not cracker thin, but not chewy or soft. I haven't had the Mama Melrose flatbreads, but I'm not sure they're quite the same.

PETE FROM NYC
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Take it from this NY bred Italian.
PIZZA DOES NOT EXIST IN FLORIDA!!!

stephntampa
01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Via Napoli has a great atmosphere, and you can build your own pizza. I have to agree with Pete, but I think you will find it enjoyable!

SBETigg
01-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Via Napoli was the first pizza I had in FL that tasted like pizza. I think it's good, and I live in the northeast and eat with Italians. Have you tried it, Pete?

mouseketeer mom
01-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Via Napoli is the first pizza in WDW we enjoyed and would go back to. It is a very thin crust which we love. We tried four varieties of toppings and all were enjoyed. The Broccoli Rabe topping was a little strong tasting for my youngest though.

crltkcagle
01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
LOL we enjoy Pizza Planet but must admit I have never had true NY pizza before.

MOJoe
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Via Napoli is on our "new" list this year after hearing so many glowing reports.

Same here. I haven't found any good pizza in WDW yet, but i'm looking forward to Via Napoli. I'll let you know how we liked it next June! :mickey:

ElenitaB
01-10-2011, 10:53 PM
There isn't NYC-style pizza in Orlando, that is true. But Via Napoli isn't trying to imitate NYC pizza but authentic Neopolitan pizza. Their sister restaurant in NYC has won awards for their pizza. I, for one, am willing to give it them a try our next trip (the NYC outpost is too darn noisy for me to return often).

Stickey
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Good pizza can be difficult to find in the South, however, it is an exaggeration to say that it does not exist. Personally, my favorite is NY style pizza. There are many excellent Italian restaurants/pizza shops(usually owned and operated by Italians) outside NYC. Chicago deep dish and stuffed pizzas are also great.

As for FL, GIORDANO'S delivers to WDW resorts. We also like Pizzafari, despite it not being "real NY" pizza.

We look forward to trying Via Napoli.